khrome
Stardust

1bM/Ciii

santa barbara, ca
Khrome's journal
Jul 1st, 2005 at 7:10pm

I started a gallery yesterday for my up and coming hair stick collection:

http://www.loopfree.net/gallery/album82

My goal is to reach tailbone length.  Maybe further, if sitting on my hair doesn't annoy me, but I think it will.  Smiley

Aside from my new found love of long hair, there is nothing new to report.   So my next post will be of old styles (don't worry, there weren't very many since I never liked to "fuss" with my hair.)  With pics if I can find them.

Cynde

Edit to fix typos
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2005 at 6:46am by khrome »  
IP Logged

khrome
Stardust

1bM/Ciii

santa barbara, ca
Re: Khrome's journal
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 10:22pm

The History of Khrome's Hair

The Rice Bowl - A common cut for asian kids.  Aptly named for it's shape.  It resembles something that looks like you put a rice bowl over your head and cut around it.  I had this til I was about 6

Mom Hair - As some girls wanted, I wanted hair like my mom.  Short with a permed wave.  She was against it, but finally gave in.  All I can say is... Listen to your mother.

Blunt Bang's - for most of elementary school, I had blunt bangs while the back grew out.  Usually kept the sides up in a ponytail holder.

Duck Tail - aka An Experiment with Hair Products.  I cut my hair like a pixie and slathered gunk and goo so the back of my head resembled a duck.  I did not know it resembled a duck, until my mom kindly pointed that out after the fact.  This was 7th-8th grade.

So High You Can Reach the Sky - 80's was all about who could have the highest bangs.  I am proud to be able to architect a wall of hair that can withstand 83.254 MPH wind gusts.  This style lasted until my junior year of high school, with various lengths in back.  The back was always blunt.  I also did the Sun-In thing and stuff to make your highlights blue that never seemed to work.

In Between - I wanted an A-cut bob, but I couldn't bare to cut off all my hair at once.  So I just cut the sides and wore the back in a nape ponytail for about a year.

ByeBye Long Hairs - I finally cut the long parts of my hair into a proper a-cut bob.   My hair was so thick and course, it didn't lie flat at the nape.  So I just shaved it to about 5mm, maintaining it about every 3 weeks.  This was the last year of high school.

The Neverending Bob - And so, the bob lived on.. 5 years.. 10 years.. 15  okay maybe not that many.  About 11 years.  The only thing I really did different during that time was bleach the front of my hair and used semi-permanents. Loved the colors, but the mainetnance was a drag!

The Return of the Hair - no, not Star Wars Part 7.  As I mentioned in my post under Introductions, I had back surgery and didn't get to trim my hair while in recovery.  So I decided to go for a change and go long!
Also, got rid of the bleached parts and went for hi-lifts to make my hair a golden brown.  This was the in-between cut (got layers)

This was is about a year ago:

The Present and the Future - And that brings us up to today!  I was striving for the Namie Amuro look in this pic (she's a Japanese pop star) not so much the color but the cut.  But my hairdresser tells me she looks like she has extensions.  

I don't want it so much anymore, but I do like having layers (tho it seems like a long hair faux pas.)  That's because if I decide to have a "wavy day" it looks better with layers.

Will post latest length later.

Cynde

Edit to add a section I forgot
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2005 at 6:48am by khrome »  
IP Logged

khrome
Stardust

1bM/Ciii

santa barbara, ca
Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2005 at 5:07am

Hair length pic taken today

Eeww, looks like I'm in need of a color adjustment...  (0.0)

IP Logged

gabi
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2005 at 8:16pm

Grin - I hate to admit this but I recognize and have had every single one of those haircut/do's - of course, I'm OLDE, so I do have an excuse *snork*.

While you are very cute in all those pics - I do believe this latest trend is the best, of course we are not biased around here or anything, and you can always keep the pink  8) ...g

IP Logged

khrome
Stardust

1bM/Ciii

santa barbara, ca
Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2005 at 11:25pm

I concur!  Long is better, and I'm having much more fun with it than pre-bob.  I don't think I can ever go back.  

Unless it's in my genes.  EVERY woman on my dad's side and mom's side has the same short, slightly permed, boys cut.  ACK.  

If in 10 years I start talking about cutting my hair, someone PLEASE kick me.  Thanks in advance! Cheesy

Cynde  

IP Logged

AtlantisAllure
Sapphire

Hot and humid...For now.
Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2005 at 11:40pm

Your hair is lovely...I'm definitely liking the long pretty hair much better, though I am not ashamed to admit I am biased. lol I also see you like Hello Kitty...I am big HK fan, I have sooo many things Hello Kitty. People think its scary! I look forward to getting to know you and your hair. Smiley

&&...&&&&

IP Logged

khrome
Stardust

1bM/Ciii

santa barbara, ca
Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 4:13am

Isn't Hello Kitty just great??  I thought I was getting "too big" for Sanrio stuff around Junior High, so I stopped buying it.  But I think that was mainly because I worried about what my classmates thought.  But now I don't care if people think it's silly (and they usually don't - they're all admitting that HK is cool.) hee

Cynde

IP Logged

khrome
Stardust

1bM/Ciii

santa barbara, ca
Reply #7 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 4:36am

Well, today I think I may have hit a milestone.  I got my first "real" jewelry box.  Actually, it's a jewelry armoire with cherry finish and Queen Anne legs, courtesy of Walmart.  For the last few weeks I've been looking for something to store my growing collection of hair sticks.  The mini bamboo pot full of rice was getting a little crowded, plus I wanted something to keep the sticks from getting dusty.  For the last few days I was eyeing a mahagony watch case, with glass top, online.  But I was at Walmart today and saw the armoire which was $5.00 less and had more storage space.  It also solved the problem that I have a couple of pieces of "nice" jewelry that I didn't want to keep jumbled up and tangled with the fancy stuff.

The armoire looks nice, especially with the blue and white pot of rice on top.  I decided to still use the pot because it's handy when putting sticks on or off.

Anyway, it's a milestone because I NEVER thought I'd be the type of person to own a jewelry armoire.    I feel so grown up - HAHAH.  But I had to.  I have a new pair of LL sticks coming soon (so excited!) and they need a place to sleep.

Cynde

IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Reply #8 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 10:54am

Quote:
Anyway, it's a milestone because I NEVER thought I'd be the type of person to own a jewelry armoire.    I feel so grown up - HAHAH.  But I had to.  I have a new pair of LL sticks coming soon (so excited!) and they need a place to sleep.

Cynde

Maybe you could put a few Hello Kitty stickers on it to "dress it down" a bit.   Grin

:::runs and hides::::

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

khrome
Stardust

1bM/Ciii

santa barbara, ca
Reply #9 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 4:24pm

Quote:
Maybe you could put a few Hello Kitty stickers on it to "dress it down" a bit.   Grin

:::runs and hides::::

HAHAHHA actually that's not a bad idea!
*puts a sticker on BB's forehead before she gets away*

Cynde

IP Logged

AtlantisAllure
Sapphire

Hot and humid...For now.
Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2005 at 9:50pm

OMG, Khrome...For some reason that struck me as hilarious. I actually laughed out loud enough for my BF to hear. I think it struck me as amusing because, I do silly things like that to people. Particularly the above mentioned BF. He deserves it though!  Tooooo funny! Cheesy

&&...&&&&

IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2005 at 12:10am

Quote:
HAHAHHA actually that's not a bad idea!
*puts a sticker on BB's forehead before she gets away*

Cynde

Hmmm, I hope the sticker matches the banana stickers that I already have on my bike helmet!   Grin

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

khrome
Stardust

1bM/Ciii

santa barbara, ca
Reply #12 - Jul 21st, 2005 at 8:07pm

Today I updated a pic in my gallery.  Instead of wearing the French Twist with LL "Blush Simple" sticks, I changed it to an Infinity Bun.  This is because my new LL sticks - "Strawberry Tea", which are in transit, would look better in the vertical position.  I wanted to get an Infinity bun pic, and the best way (for me) to secure it is to have the sticks horizontal.  So when I get them, "Strawberry Tea" will be in a French Twist.

The new pic was taken in my bedroom which has a tall, viney fence outside.  It makes the light in the room have a green hue to it.  I think that is what made my hair come out blacker in the new pic.

Cynde

IP Logged

AtlantisAllure
Sapphire

Hot and humid...For now.
Reply #13 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 12:20am

Khrome...I just have to tell you this! I was reading your most recent post and clicked to see your profile...When I saw 32, I was stunned. Not saying 32 is old, because it is most certainly not...But I really thought you were maybe 19-22! You look absolutely lovely!  Grin

&&...&&&&

IP Logged

khrome
Stardust

1bM/Ciii

santa barbara, ca
Reply #14 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 4:16am

Quote:
Khrome...I just have to tell you this! I was reading your most recent post and clicked to see your profile...When I saw 32, I was stunned. Not saying 32 is old, because it is most certainly not...But I really thought you were maybe 19-22! You look absolutely lovely!  Grin

Why thank you! Cheesy  Other than the typical health-issues that come with age, I *feel* young.  I stopped counting birthdays at 30.  lol  I was at a doctor's appt a couple weeks ago and the nurse asked me how old I was.  I said "33.  No wait.. 32.. <calculate>.. yeah, 32.  I'll be 33 in October."

It's funny because I can hang out my friends who work at the comic book store, who are 10 years younger than me.  And at my work, I can hang out with people that are 10 years older than me.  And honestly, everyone seems the same age.  They all crack the same jokes, watch the same shows, and even play the same video games.

I think the key to feeling young is to always set aside time to "play" (meaning doing some kind of hobby you like), be open to new ideas, learn new things, and stay active and healthy.  When you feel young, you tend to look young.

The Asian genes have something to do with it too.  Grin

Ohyeah, despite my youthful appearance, I no longer get carded at R-rated movies.  Sad

Cynde

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 23
Send Topic Print