Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sock rolling? (Read 3095 times)
SP_Beauty
Amethyst

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sock rolling?
Aug 22nd, 2006 at 3:10am

What exactly is sock rolling.  I saw someone talk about it in an other thread and it caught my eye.  I have heard of rag rolling...but sock rolling??  Can someone help me out with this??  Thanks!

IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Re: Sock rolling?
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 11:03am

Sock rolling is like rag curling, but socks are used so that you get bigger waves.  It works particularly well with hair that is at least waist length.

I use one or two socks, depending on my mood and the type of wave I'm looking for.  I nice thick cotton sock gives a bigger wave.  You just start at the ends of the hair and wrap it around the middle of sock and keep rolling it until you get to the neck or head and then tie the sock ends.  This creates a sort of bun, but it is soft and not difficult to sleep on.  If my hair is slightly damp (NOT WET) when I roll my hair, by morning it is usually dry and I have lovely waves.  Some people have better results rolling their hair dry and just spritzing a bit of water or water/oil mix to dampen the hair.  You don't want the hair to be so damp it will not dry by morning.  If the hair is damp when unrolled, the waves will not stay.

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

SP_Beauty
Amethyst

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 12:35pm

Thanks!  Sounds like fun...deffinately have to try it out!

IP Logged

AshleyEllen
Amethyst

A kind heart is quietly
kind.

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 7:34pm

I tried this for the first time the other night and was pretty delighted with how it turned out! My hair is not super long or anything, but it still came out nice and is an awesome alternative it seems to using any kind of heat styling! Smiley

Currently: Healthy, below the shoulders. &&Goal: Healthy, shiny and Hip length Smiley&&&&&&...&&

IP Logged

Angel Spun
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 8:49pm

Oooh, that does sound interesting. What a great use for socks that you no longer wear, too.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print