L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hair Vitamins (Read 25038 times)
drummergirl08
Sapphire

Hair Vitamins
Dec 25th, 2003 at 6:53am

Hey! I was just wondering if ya'll know any great hair-growth vitamins besides vitamin E and Biotin. Keep me posted! Wink

TeNnIsDaYnE08  
IP Logged

busnutmedic
Amethyst

massachusetts
Re: Hair Vitamins
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2003 at 9:28pm

Hello Smiley

My mom has had success with L-Cystine. After having one of my brothers she started having real problems with hair loss, even though she was in her early 30s. I think the L-cystine cleared up the problem. I have fairly long hair but haven't taken much notice of it untill the past few months. I started taking the L-cystine and what I'm noticing are new hairs growing, not necessarily faster growth of whats already there. I've never measured my hair before, but I'll be trying to keep track of it, I'll be able to figure out if it's helping.

Bonnie

John 3:16.&&
WWW Iwant2BanEMTp  
IP Logged

leia
Diamond

Dhaka, Bangladesh
Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2003 at 4:53am

How long is your hair, Bonnie?

~*Lioness*~
IP Logged

busnutmedic
Amethyst

massachusetts
Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2003 at 6:37pm

Like I said, I had never measured my hair before, but when I got my sis to hold to tape today I found it measures 34". I've had it long ever since I can remember. I just had 3 inches cut off, and I was thinking of going for another 3 untill I found this site. I've also got fairly thin, so it's hard to make it look nice when it's out. I'm loving the side part I'm using now. Sometime I'll get some pictures on.

Bonnie

John 3:16.&&
WWW Iwant2BanEMTp  
IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2003 at 8:31pm

I've found that Biotin, Silica, and MSM helps me reduce shedding.  I don't regularly measure my hair, so I couldn't say if it helps with hair growth.

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

drummergirl08
Sapphire

Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2004 at 11:14pm

I haven't visited this one in a while and I want to thank ya'll for your help

TeNnIsDaYnE08  
IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2004 at 1:18pm

Glad to see you back! Smiley

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

jessieofcanterbury
Amethyst

Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2006 at 11:16pm

Thought I might resurrect this thread to see what everyone else here takes in the way of hair vitamins.

I have really noticed a huge difference after 8 months of taking Bcomplex. I was thinning majorly and after a month of taking these, the thinning slowed down, after 3 months, the thinning stopped and now my hair is growing in nicely, although I do take other vitamins now, I attribute the stopping of the thinning to the Bcomplex.

I really proved this to myself because I totally slacked off taking all my vitamins for the last month and all of sudden lately, my hair has started to shed again.

I also take several other vitamins too though. Calcium, C, biotin, MSM, evening primrose oil, cod liver oil. These were added in the last 3 months.

What do you guys take for your hair health?

IP Logged

Angel Spun
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2006 at 4:59pm

I was taking a Hair, Skin & Nails vitamin (Biotin & C) as well as vitamin E for a few months, but didn't really notice a difference.

That said, I was getting ½" of growth every month while I was taking them, and since I've stopped, the growth seems to fluctuate a bit more. Last month, my hair only grew ¼" and I wonder if this may be because I stopped taking vitamins??  ???  Not sure.

IP Logged

jessieofcanterbury
Amethyst

Reply #9 - Jul 16th, 2006 at 1:11am

Angel Spun the month after I slacked off taking my vitamins I also had only a half inch growth compared to one inch in previous months.

I really think the vitamins do help, I suppose if I ate well each and every day, I'd get all the proper nutrients and vitamins I need but that'll never happen so I do rely on the pills.

IP Logged

bugeyedmonster2
Ruby

Dallas, TX U.S.A.
Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2006 at 2:58am

Quote:
I've found that Biotin, Silica, and MSM helps me reduce shedding.  I don't regularly measure my hair, so I couldn't say if it helps with hair growth.

I have a question...

What is msm?

(Happy)/
BEM

WWW bemiller69 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=746752387  
IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2006 at 9:52am

MSM = Methylsulfonylmethane, a supplement that is more commonly taken for joint care.  It is frequently combined with Glucosamine and Chondroitin (again for joints). 

MSM is taken for hair care to improve strength and encourage faster growth.

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

maggie
Diamond

Reply #12 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 11:34am

I, myself, take a multi every day along with Biotin & Brewer's yeast.  Brewer's yeast is just great for you all around, it has so many health benefits...including hair and skin.  Plus I always try to drink as much water as I can, not always easy, but it's so necessary to keep the body functioning as best as it can.  Dehydration can cause lots of malfunction....don't need that!

&&&&

IP Logged

yaku
Ruby

LongLocks Rocks!

Minneapolis
Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2007 at 12:41am

MSM is amazing

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print