Susan's Closet
LongLocks Collectors Club
Index of Hair Care Articles
Testimonials
Free Newsletter

L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Should I cut my hair?????? (Read 8545 times)
Sallie15
Amethyst

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Should I cut my hair??????
Mar 28th, 2006 at 11:55pm

Its so annoying!!!  My hair is so long and it gets so boring to brush it twice a day!!!  Some times when I skip a day of brushing my hair, it has these HUGE tangles!!!  Does anybody think that I should cut?  I would be sad if I did but it gets annoying sometimes. Sad

IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Re: Should I cut my hair??????
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 1:12am

Only you can decide when it is time to cut or trim your hair. If you are having troubles with tangles, follow the suggestions mentioned in some of the other posts - use conditioner, use a leave-in conditioner, try oiling your hair. 

Be sure to trim split ends - if left alone, they will cause more tangles and more splits.

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Valerita
Amethyst

Anything but Ordinary

New York, New York
Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2006 at 11:45pm

Being that I just cut my hair and hate the shortness of it, I'd like to save you from the trouble of remorse by saying a definate no, no! Take it from experience, we all get the urge to cut our hair when we get bored but when push comes to shove: we'll miss it.

However, if you decide that you definately want to cut it, don't take off all of the length off! If you want to then do not do it at once. You will miss the long hair that you have.  Cut a little bit and take it from there. Another suggestion is to add layers (not to many to go crazy but enough.)

Hope this helps!

She can’t stop&&dreaming of the day&&when thoughts are away;&&she can’t stop.&&And she knows &&they wait&&for her mistake.&&But she can’t make one. &&&&

IP Logged

Sallie15
Amethyst

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2006 at 12:30am

Thank you.  I think that I will not cut my hair.

IP Logged

Valerita
Amethyst

Anything but Ordinary

New York, New York
Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2006 at 6:44pm

You're welcome. In the all and all, I think you'll be happy with that decision.  Wink

She can’t stop&&dreaming of the day&&when thoughts are away;&&she can’t stop.&&And she knows &&they wait&&for her mistake.&&But she can’t make one. &&&&

IP Logged

Rainbow
Sapphire

Jesus is my Lord and Saviour

England
Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 10:13pm

Dont cut it. It will take 5minutes to cut off but years to grow back. Just go for a trim an inch at the most. Also make sure you use good products and cut of splits at least every month.

I cut my hair and regretted it as what i really needed was a trim not for it to be hacked off. I am now growing out a bob which i hate and have vowed never to cut off more than an inch ever again.

Make your mind up to wear your hair long for life. It can be tempting to just give in but the aremillions of women out there who would do anything for long hair. Why waste years of growth over a week of fustration.

Goal - armpit length with layers - current 19.5 inches - 1b/m/ii/iii&&&&&&http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/rainbows_photo/144505.jpg&&&&;
WWW overtherainbow_hl@yahoo.co.uk  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print