How to Use Hair Sticks
Susan's Closet
LongLocks Collectors Club
Index of Hair Care Articles
Testimonials
Free Newsletter

L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Poll Poll
Question: What brought you to LongLocks?

Searching for hairsticks    
  11 (9.6%)
Searching for hairstyles for long hair    
  18 (15.8%)
Searching for help with growing long hair    
  45 (39.5%)
A friend referred me here    
  4 (3.5%)
A link from another long hair site    
  12 (10.5%)
A link from another site other than for long hair    
  5 (4.4%)
Searching for an answer to solve a hair problem    
  14 (12.3%)
Just looking for pictures of long hair    
  5 (4.4%)

Total votes: 114
« Created by: bikerbraid on: Sep 26th, 2006 at 8:56am »

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What brought you to LongLocks? (Read 50562 times)
bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
What brought you to LongLocks?
Sep 26th, 2006 at 8:56am

As our very first poll, I thought it would be interesting to find out how people found LongLocks.  

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Rainbow
Sapphire

Jesus is my Lord and Saviour

England
Re: What brought you to LongLocks?
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2006 at 9:33am

Wow a poll! yipeeeeeee. I love polls.

I.came.to.long.locks.because.i.nneded.tips.on.growing.my.hair.i.found.the.ultima
te.guide.to.growing.hair.I.must.of.read.it.5.times.it.was.great.I.only.wish.ther
e.were.a.part.two.to.read.

However.it.took.me.a.few.months.to.realise.there.was.a.forum.As.soon.as.i.found.
the.forum.i.signed.up.Ive.been.here.ever.since.and.love.it.

Goal - armpit length with layers - current 19.5 inches - 1b/m/ii/iii&&&&&&http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/rainbows_photo/144505.jpg&&&&;
WWW overtherainbow_hl@yahoo.co.uk  
IP Logged

Lisabelle
Stardust

Kami wa onna no inochi
- A womens hair is her
life

Southern Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2006 at 10:11am

This is really neat!  I love polls! Cool  I came here looking for a good place to learn how to grow long and healthy hair...and I found the best place there is!!!
Smiley

Lisabelle  
IP Logged

oldkathy
Sapphire

Longlocks Hairstick Addict

Central Texas
Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2006 at 7:53pm

I was visiting another site and someone mentioned the gorgeous hairsticks at longlocks.com.  So I came, I saw, I bought, and I became addicted!

...&&Long gray hair is beautiful!

IP Logged

Luthien
Amethyst

Oregon
Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2006 at 9:45pm

I was searching for long hair styles and info on long hair care. That's how I ended up here!

IP Logged

Grrbanzo
Amethyst

Florida
Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2006 at 2:26pm

I came to learn how to grow my hair out to look its best.  I'm so glad to have found this site, the forum, and the Ultimate Guide.  Grin

&&...&&&&&&

IP Logged

PocketOfPosies
Amethyst

Reply #6 - Sep 27th, 2006 at 4:05pm

I was searching for long hair styles, and I most certainly have found oodles of those plus lots of other information on growing long hair and such!

IP Logged

Godyssey
Stardust

Georgia
Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2006 at 10:17pm

I was searching for something in reference to hair (who know's what) and I stumbled upon this site.  I came to love it right away, everyone here is so wonderful and helpful.  This site helps in keeping me motivated and staying on track to meet hair growth goals.  It's like a long hair support group, I love it!!! Smiley

Oh, and keep the polls comin', they're fun!

Healthy Hair Is My Priority...

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2006 at 1:38am

I was looking for hat pins to go on my turban for a tribal bellydance number we were doing.  I found Waltzing Willows site (also owned by Susan) and linked from there.

I didn't wind up buying any pins or jewelry, and now I have what, 133 longlocks hairsticks?

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

Grrbanzo
Amethyst

Florida
Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2006 at 2:36pm

Oh! You're a belly dancer?  Me too!   Grin

I've been dancing off and on for eighteen years but belly dancing for only three and a quarter.  I really, really love it.  I think I'm getting good at it, too, as my teacher has begun offering me paying gigs now and then.  Smiley   How long have you been dancing?

Long hair seems to be popular with belly dancers, have you noticed?  Was it a factor in your decision to grow out your hair.?

The studio where I take lessons also teaches Hawaiian and Tahitian dancing, which I've picked up as well.  Have you tried either of those?

&&...&&&&&&

IP Logged

dotmoll
Amethyst

LongLocks Rocks!

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:34am

I'm no belly-dancer, but I do enjoy a little shimmy to shake out my shoulders and back after a hard session at the computer.

Found my way here looking for ideas for longer gray hair - EVERYBODY I know colors their gray hair, it's not even considered coloring where I live (Japan), just "good grooming", and EVERY older woman I know has short hair too. Noooo!

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 1:39am

Grrbanzo wrote on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 2:36pm:
Oh! You're a belly dancer?  Me too!   Grin

I've been dancing off and on for eighteen years but belly dancing for only three and a quarter.  I really, really love it.  I think I'm getting good at it, too, as my teacher has begun offering me paying gigs now and then.  Smiley   How long have you been dancing?

Long hair seems to be popular with belly dancers, have you noticed?  Was it a factor in your decision to grow out your hair.?

The studio where I take lessons also teaches Hawaiian and Tahitian dancing, which I've picked up as well.  Have you tried either of those?

I'm still having intermitent (sp?) computer problems-sorry its taken me so long to respond!

I've been bellydancing for a couple of years, and for a time with a troupe.  I'm a musican first, dancer second which posed some problems for me.  Actually, I guess I'd have to say its a self-esteem issue!  Yes, long hair is popular with bellydancers and I hope to be a longhaired one someday.  I do think it influenced my committing to growing it to waist length.  My teacher has waistlength hair.  I have not tried any Hawaiian or Tahitian dancing.  I got my bellydance instruction at a gym, and have done some salsa classes at the gym, too.  I've taken a few ballet classes, but they got canceled do to lack of interest.  I seem to have a natural talent for the dance, but no confidence.  Tongue
I really love the costume aspect, and the zills.

Keep dancing, Grrbanzo!!!

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

oldkathy
Sapphire

Longlocks Hairstick Addict

Central Texas
Reply #12 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:41pm

dotmoll wrote on Oct 19th, 2006 at 12:34am:
Found my way here looking for ideas for longer gray hair - EVERYBODY I know colors their gray hair, it's not even considered coloring where I live (Japan), just "good grooming", and EVERY older woman I know has short hair too. Noooo!

As an older gray haired woman, I can certainly relate.  I will never color mine again.  Guess I just have poor grooming, lol.  Oh well, you knew that when I said I once went two weeks between washes. 

Seriously, my hair is now healthier and happier than ever.  Why would I ever go back?

...&&Long gray hair is beautiful!

IP Logged

Dragonfly
Amethyst

LongLocks Rocks!

Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2006 at 7:18pm

Hi all. I have had less than shoulder length hair for almost a two years. Before that it was almost waist-length. I cut it for Locks-for-Love and I don't regret that decision... But I want my long hair back  Cry. I loved having it long and I haven't been able to adapt to shortness very well. So I may not have long hair, but I want it.

dragonfly6105  
IP Logged

PurpleBubba
Amethyst

LongLocks Rocks!

Michigan
Reply #14 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 7:23pm

I voted A link from another long hair site.

I've known this site existed for a long time but I joined today after once again seeing the link posted. It was in a thread at LHC.

WWW PurpleBubba 8891136 purplebubba3636 purplebubba2  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print