L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tea & breakfast (Read 10655 times)
silvermayne
Ruby

Tea & breakfast
Oct 23rd, 2006 at 6:08pm

[Howdy!  As moderator I decided to break this thread up and move it here.... hope no one minds.  Please join in and tell us about your favorite teas and breakfast foods.  robin]

Wow, I had no idea there were so many different kinds of tea!   Lisabelle, what is bush stick tea?  I'm guessing it's not something one can buy in the local grocery store  Grin  

Now, may I be nosy and ask what you all eat for breakfast?  I'm trying to find something else healthy to eat besides oatmeal and would love some new ideas.  Thanks!

About having so many topic headings -- they do come in handy when I'm looking for advice about a particular subject.  But maybe some condensing of the number of topics is not a bad idea.  

« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2006 at 8:55pm by bikerbraid »  

&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Lisabelle
Stardust

Kami wa onna no inochi
- A womens hair is her
life

Southern Ontario, Canada
Re: Where is everyone?
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 7:19pm

Hi Silvermayne Smiley  Yes there's  tons of different tea's.  Ah bush stick tea!  That's Kukicha!  I call it that as it is made of twigs from tea bushes and you have to simmer it on the stove before drinking!  I've never seen it in at the gorcers, I got mine at a heath food store.  Breakfast...can be whole grain bagel, grenola cereal stuff like that and always a cup of tea! Smiley

Lisabelle  
IP Logged

silvermayne
Ruby

Re: Where is everyone?
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 8:45pm

Thanks for the breakfast ideas!   I do like a bagel now and then, I had forgotten about them.   I especially like the ones from Panera's - the cinnamon crunch one with honey walnut cream cheese - not exactly a healthy choice, though Undecided    They do have whole wheat ones, too, I think.

&&...&&&&

IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Re: Tea & breakfast
Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 8:57pm

Don't give up the oatmeal!  It is an excellent breakfast food!

I'm not much of a breakfast eater myself, but I love a piece of fruit and maybe a 1/2 bagel.  A whole grain bagel is best, of course.

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Trisha
Stardust

Missouri
Reply #4 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 10:44am

ooo!  (raises hand)  Low carber, here, with my usual breakfast of scramby eggs, sausage and/or bacon.   Smiley 
And, ah, yes, tea....LOVE the tea.  I drink it all day long, switching to decaf at midday.  At work, during the day, I drink it hot.  Right now, I'm enjoying a cup of Revolution English Breakfast Tea (someone gave me several boxes).  Usually, though, I drink Louisian (did i spell that correctly? --you know what i mean). 

pjsander  
IP Logged

Angel Spun
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 11:55am

Breakfast. Hmmm...

Usually, I have whatever's around and quick and easy to make. Cereals, oatmeal, bananas, bagels (plain toasted bagels and whipped Philly, thanx). But that's only when I have time to eat in the morning.
    My job sometimes demands that I arrive early (before 8 am), so if I don't have time to eat before flying out the door, I grab something from Starbucks or Jamba Juice on the way to work.

Granted, none of that is what I prefer. Just what I typically do. I'm a total sucker for lavish Sunday brunches and English breakfasts. Earl Grey, anyone?  Wink

IP Logged

Galadriel
Stardust

Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 3:15pm

Tea? I like Twining's Apple Cinnamon & Raisin tea, Lipton's peppermint tea, Twining's African Tunda tea and of course all kinds of flavored teas. I just love teas. Sometimes I drink my tea with raspberry jam, in Russian fashion.

Breakfast: I have roughly similar breakfast from day to day, but change it every now and then. Lately I've eaten:

Big bowl of oatmeal, strawberry jam and milk, apple juice from our own apples

Homemade roll with turkey, cucumber and tomato, orange juice and yoghurt

Müsli with milk and a fruit

I try to eat a healthy breakfast every morning. It helps that I don't have to eat right when I wake up- usually I eat one to two hours after waking up.

I love bagels (my favorite is cold smoked salmon bagel which is relatively healthy), but in my mind they are lunch or dinner food. In Finland, lunch is often the main meal of the day while everyday dinners are often lighter. When we go to eat out or in special occassions like Christmas, dinners are heavier.

1bFii/waist length&&&&The flowers of wonder&&And the hidden treasures&&In the meadow of life&&My acre of heaven&&&&T. Holopainen/Nightwish

IP Logged

PreciousLocks
Diamond

Turning my gold to silver
one hair at a time

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2006 at 8:10pm

I like baked oatmeal.  Don't make it often, but it's great to have for leftovers several days in a row. 

Tea....good ole lipton, actually I also like the round Tetley bags.  But if I want something special I go for Earl Grey or maybe a fruity tea like blackberry.  I've also developed a taste for green tea.  Alas, I find I have to be careful with my teas as sometimes the tea will set me up for heartburn --- grrrrr.   Sad
  I might have to try chamomile again, I "o.d'd "on it a long time ago and lost my taste for it. Undecided

30.75" ~78cm/waist&&1bFii&&&&"No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself.  Every chance in the world if you let God do it."  The Message Mark 10:27

IP Logged

RenChick
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 12:36pm

I love tea!  My kitchen cabinet at any time usually has about 20 or more different types in it, from plain old Lipton's to a ton of Celestial Seasonings, Tazo, you name it.  When I go out - my favorite place is Barnes and Noble - I usually have a chai latte.  Has to be Starbucks (Tazo) because I love that peppery bite it has.  Chai and books, nothing better in the world!  I like coffe too, but I really don't drink it as much.

As for breakfast, I'm boring.  Cereal with skim milk or some oatmeal.  I like the organic and/or natural cereals like the ones from Kashi, and they make a couple of good instant oatmeal varieties as well.

IP Logged

Lisabelle
Stardust

Kami wa onna no inochi
- A womens hair is her
life

Southern Ontario, Canada
Reply #9 - Aug 26th, 2007 at 4:36am

I found a really good new tea at the supermarket today.  It's Lipton Shi Lankan Gold.  Its a delicate blend of asian black teas with a medley of honey, vanillia and bergamot.  Oh it really nice. Its lighter then orange pekoe yet has a great flavor.  The little bags are pyramid shaped and filled with tea and marigold petals.  You can taste all the favors without it being too strong and it smells heavenly!...

Lisabelle  
IP Logged

RenChick
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 27th, 2007 at 3:47pm

Oooooooooh, that sounds so good!  I'm going to have to find some!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print