hair parts (Read 15228 times)
brunette85
Sapphire

yogalates: mind, body,
and spirit

USA
hair parts
Oct 13th, 2007 at 11:51pm

i have been thinking about parts lately. ive tried side parts, and zigzag parts, virtical and uneaven, and for some reason it never looks right to me  Undecided. usually i wear my hair with a middle part or occasionally with my hair pulled back. i love seeing parts and how they look on other people, but i can never get mine to look how i want.

does anyone else share in my frustration?
what are the different ways you wear your parts?

SL/CBL/CL
3a-b/m-c/iii
kaseys_mom06  
IP Logged

Joan-Ivy
Ruby

One of the ways I've been
torturing my hair in

Sweden
Re: hair parts
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2007 at 4:11am

Hi! I wear my hair with a middle part (because I often braid it and a middle part makes it easier to get even parts of hair) except from my fringe that I wear at a side part.  Smiley My hair is not super-thick so I haven't had much issues with this really.  Undecided

IP Logged

juri
Stardust

USA
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2007 at 7:45am

Not a true iii, but I understand your frustration. I've tried various parts as well, but my hair's natural part (just slightly off center) always seems to look the best.

1b MC ii/iii&&14.5/42/39 14.5/33.5&&"Bring me my pendulum, kiddies, I feel like swinging!" Vincent Price  &&

IP Logged

mellie
Ruby

Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2007 at 8:44am

Sometimes I try a side part, but my hair fights back! It really wants to be parted in the middle, and keeps "flipping" itself back there! Smiley

Mellie

IP Logged

Jerry
Diamond

LongLocks Rocks!

Montana
Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2007 at 11:28am

When I married my wife Barb she had short bangs so she had bangs (AKA fringes in the U.K.).

But then she decided to grow her bangs out and eventually they got long enough and now she parts her long hair in the middle.

I also work with a lady who has long waist length hair who used to have bangs and would style them in a puffy style and I always thought to myself, she would look a lot better if she let her bangs grow and part them in the middle.
Well, it was like she heard me because now that is how she keeps her long hair.

To me, I think long bangs parted in the middle looks the best even though some bangs are ok.

Jerry

IP Logged

Kiraela
Diamond

Southern Louisiana
Reply #5 - Oct 14th, 2007 at 3:17pm

Mine is another that parts just slightly left of center (*giggle like me, i guess? a little "off") and although it looks pretty with a side part, it doesn't stay that way for more than a few minutes, and while it's side parted, it's doing some sort of "floppy shark fin" thing, where there's clearly about an inch between the extra hair from the part, and the hair that's supposed to be on that side. Tis like a bleedn' floppyhawk, I tell ye! Tongue

“It’s easy to love somebody before you really know them. The trick is to keep loving them once you do.” ~ Mackenzie Blaise, --> TalesOfMU.com&&

IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Reply #6 - Oct 14th, 2007 at 10:04pm

Another one here who has a slightly off center part!  Grin  I have tried to part my hair differently, but the natural part seems to always win out.

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Debr
Diamond

LongLocks Rocks!

Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2007 at 6:10pm

Until about a year ago, I parted down the middle.  Now, my hair is off center left parted.  It does look a whole lot better this way.  Makes my face seem narrower(is that a word?)  Even when I do my trims, I trim with the off left center part.

Deb

IP Logged

Drear
Diamond

1aCii

Denmark
Reply #8 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 4:29am

http://www.truemirror.com/hp/hpttmc.asp I'm not sure if they just found what they were looking for. 

I have a right parting slightly off center for the first time in my life because that's where the last hairdresser parted my hair.  Until then I've always had a left parting slightly off center because that felt most natural to me.  My hair won't stay in a side parting if I part it way off center.  I'm neither a corporate boss, politician or career woman.  I'm a proud homemaker and mother.  However, I take my job very seriously and it's definitely a source of pride and at the top of my sense of identity Smiley

I want my left parting back for the sake of comfort.  This feels unnatural and I've had this right part since December so I don't think it'll ever feel natural.

On the other hand, people have pointed out that some of my tastes can be described as very masculine, fx. I choose linear lines over curved and rounded shapes, practical as opposed to romantic or frilly, choose sturdy objects and fabrics over delicate and soft ones, functionality over coziness.  People who know my dad and I also say I speak like him and have the same body language; Stiff wrists, general masculine body language.

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 12:43pm

Thanks for that link, Drear, it is very interesting!

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

Drear
Diamond

1aCii

Denmark
Reply #10 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 4:31am

This is so rediculous!  For the past few weeks my hair has looked and felt completely wonkers no matter what I did.  As late as last night I seriously contemplated getting my hair cut into a crop with long layers because this is the hairstyle my hair has grown out the most attractively from in the past.  I felt like a martyr in a hair war but I didn't really want a crop.  I just saw it as an evil necessity.  Okay, I was awake late at night and the mind does funny things at times if you stay awake long enough.

Then this morning after shampooing, conditioning and airdrying hair, I absent mindedly parted my hair on the left instead of the right which is where all hairdressers insist on putting my part.  The left part seems more natural to me and my hair looks the best and most flattering it has in ages!  

There's one thing I can't make sense of.  The feeling of my hair being healthier.  It may not be but it feels that way.

Well, I have an appointment at the hairdresser on Saturday and I'll still go but I'm glad I won't need any drastic changes.  Now I just hope that I can find a diplomatic but clear way of letting her know that the part must stay on the left side!  

The various lengths are between above shoulder and just below shoulders now but I think all layers will be above shoulders after Saturday.  Healthy, comfortable, and flattering looking hair is still my top priority.

IP Logged

callisto
Sapphire

Curly hair is crazy and
utterly beautiful

Reply #11 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 10:38am

My hair is difficult to get a straight part in, but once I do it stays for a very long time.  If I try to part it in a different place, it doesn't work very well and it takes me a long time.  I normally leave it center parted or just a little off center.

Type 3bN-C(underneath)iii&&As daylight melted into shade&&A wandering music sweetly made&&Enchanted fluting, warbling wild&&For love of Thingol's elven child

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print