Susan's Closet
LongLocks Collectors Club
Index of Hair Care Articles
Testimonials
Free Newsletter

L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
a compliment for myself (Read 10723 times)
brunette85
Sapphire

yogalates: mind, body,
and spirit

USA
a compliment for myself
Nov 4th, 2007 at 7:49pm

i just wanted to say something positive about my hair. even though during the summer i get hot and need to put my air up, i can still wear it down proudly in the winter to keep me warm like a blanket. to me my hair is a luxury and a blessing. i also love how it looks down. i think thats why a certain guy in my math class started to sit behind me a few weeks ago  Wink he used to sit on the other side of the room. haha who knows. well anyone feel free to post positives about your hair as well.  Smiley

SL/CBL/CL
3a-b/m-c/iii
kaseys_mom06  
IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Re: a compliment for myself
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2007 at 8:39pm

Well done, brunette85!  Good Luck w/ Mr. Math Class!!  Wink

Mine is that I love how my hair feels on my skin, so silky.  Also, I feel like I can look so feminine with flowers or hairsticks in my hair.

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

juri
Stardust

USA
Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 5:50am

Brunette85--Hehehe, that's so cute!

One good thing about my hair is that it's finally the length I've dreamed about since I was a little kid, but never had the courage grow it past BSL.

1b MC ii/iii&&14.5/42/39 14.5/33.5&&"Bring me my pendulum, kiddies, I feel like swinging!" Vincent Price  &&

IP Logged

texian.traveler
Sapphire

LongLocks Rocks!

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 6:43am

Not that I don't want to compliment myself, but I do NOT like my hair down.  It is so fine it floats in every breeze, and blows and swings and...sounds cool, doesn't it?  But it tangles and snarls and gets caught in about everything it can (car doors, fans, the electric pump for my air mattress) not to mention flopping down into just about everything I am doing and/or eating.  About the only way I can stand it down is to put the front in a ponytail and leave the back free.  

My daughter's hair is slightly shorter than mine (she's BSL, I am slightly past) but HER hair is thicker and coarser and heavier.  So when she puts it behind her shoulders, it stays there.  Sigh.  Maybe when I hit waist length...

But one compliment I can give it is how smooth and shiny it is.  I know the individual strands sparkle silver in the sun, and I have often wanted access to a large outdoor mirror, so I could see what the cumulative effect was.  Most of the time, if I get a compliment on my hair, I am outside on a sunny day.  

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS1UoA5/]&&...

IP Logged

Kiraela
Diamond

Southern Louisiana
Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 3:27pm

@ brunette.. It's amazing what spell a gorgeous head of hair can put a guy under, eh?  Grin 

@ trish... my hair's 31" for the most part(some little broken off dye damaged "layers" in the front) , 4.5" circumference ponytail... on the course side of medium... and it still won't stay behind my shoulders for love-n'er-money. Some people are just lucky that way... Roll Eyes So if I'm doing something comparatively active like dishes or housework (or cooking. yee gods, the cooking. gas flames, loose hair... *poof* erm... where did my hair go? ) it stays braided. when I'm staying in one place for a while (or going out somewhere) It's down, because at those times.. it either stays better, or is going to be pulled over my shoulders anyway.

“It’s easy to love somebody before you really know them. The trick is to keep loving them once you do.” ~ Mackenzie Blaise, --> TalesOfMU.com&&

IP Logged

Angel Spun
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2007 at 12:16pm

Complimenting my own hair sounds rather egotistical. hehe But if I could say something positive about it, I guess I could say that I'm grateful for the softness and shine that it always seems to have. Yup...those are about the only good things that I can say about my hair. lol

IP Logged

roomtogrow
Emerald

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2007 at 5:21pm

i compliment my hair for growing out fairly quickly...especially with the many years of short cuts i confused it with!

IP Logged

NaturalHairColorRocks
Amethyst

LongLocks Rocks!

P.R.
Reply #7 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 6:24pm

Well though I insult my hair from time to time, I have to admit that without my curly hair I wouldn't feel like myself;no offense to straight hair, I just dont like straight;, in the past I have blow dried my hair a lot, and it felt weird, I stooped 3 to 4 years ago, and I feel wonderful when my mom tells me to blow dry it and I say no. Sometimes my hair does behave, usually when i go to air conditioning places, and I see is not that bad. I love its natural color also, brown, dark brown, and kinda blond, oh and even though I haven't seen it, some of my friends that sometimes it looks kinda red-ish. So I luv you hair, even though sometimes your a pain in the head!!!! Oh and also to those girls that think they want to color or perm their hair, think about it, natural hair color is a gift, that when its gone, is hard to take it back as it was.

Att,
EgyptMayhem Smiley

IP Logged

Joan-Ivy
Ruby

One of the ways I've been
torturing my hair in

Sweden
Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 8:23am

I have such a love/hate relationship with my hair.  Tongue What I like about it is that it looks as medeival/LoTR-ish as it does.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print