Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
changing thickness (Read 4898 times)
Debr
Diamond

LongLocks Rocks!

changing thickness
Mar 25th, 2008 at 7:57pm

Since I have become of "that age" where my body is going thru the change, I am wondering if it is affecting the thickness of my hair.  My hair seems to be getting thicker each month.  At the last circumference measurement, it was 61/4" inches thick.  Today it just seems massive.  It is too long to leave loose continually, but it I don't, I get this really ugly headache.  I am taking very good care of it which is probably contributing to the thicker growth, but for some reason today it just seems like I have too much hair.  I am not complaining mind you!  I can do one sorta comfortable updo that I can wear for a few hours a day.  Any other suggestions?  My braid is becoming more publicly acceptable(meaning I am more confident wearing it in public) so that will help too.  I tried a low ponytail the other day, but too many tangles.  What else?

Debr

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Re: changing thickness
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 8:59pm

I haven't gone thru the change yet, so I'm no help in regards to that.  Certainly hormones effect hair growth.

I can only suggest trying out different styles to see how you do with them.  As for the pony tail, perhaps a spray or serum with silicone will give you the slip you need.  I personally avoid cones so I don't have any specific product or brand to suggest to you.  I avoid the cones 'cause they dry me out too much as a rule, not 'cause I think they're bad.  Everyone's hair is different!

Good Luck, Debr!

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Re: changing thickness
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 9:45pm

Aftergoing thru menopause I lost about 1/2 of the thickness of my hair.  Shedding was rampant.  I'm amazed we didn't have Roto Rooter out here every month to ream out the drain.  My hair is very fine, so the loss of so much thickness is noticable in my bun and braids.  I wish I had your issues with thickness!

As for styles for such thick hair, have you tried a double braid bun?  If you french braid each side of the head, then bring the braids into a bun, you may find that the braids help distribute the weight better.

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print