Susan's Closet
LongLocks Collectors Club
Index of Hair Care Articles
Testimonials
Free Newsletter

L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Am i doing this right ? (Read 4107 times)
denisem
Amethyst

live to ride....ride to
live!

Pennsylvania
Am i doing this right ?
Jan 13th, 2009 at 7:27pm

I have read a lot about rtrimming split ends or as I've also seen it called s&d. So the way I've been doing it is:in my bathroom with my cutting shears and my magnifing glasses.  I section my hair into 2 ponytails and one side at a time I take out the ponytail dicvide that into 3 sections twist it really tight away from my face and snip off pieces that stick out from the hair that I twist into a tight coiled rope, then I do the same thing again only I twist my hair towards my face. Is this the way that it is done?  I just wanna make sure. Thank you ladies. Sorry for the long post. Smiley

I love my mule!

IP Logged

Isabelle
Diamond

A womens hair is her life
:)

Southern Ontario, Canada
Re: Am i doing this right ?
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 6:08am

What I do is sit infront of a bright light or better yet window and section off my hair like you then hold up the ends bit by bit and look for the split ends then nip them off with a mustache sissors.  Wink

IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 6:53am

You should only be trimming the ends that appear to have damage - splits, kinks, dots.  You want to use a very sharp scissors so that the cut/trim does not cause more damage.  Moustashe, embroidery and hair scissors are good types to use.  A large shears is ok if the blades are very sharp and tight together.

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

denisem
Amethyst

live to ride....ride to
live!

Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:06pm

Thanks bb, I only use hair cutting shears on my hair paid 40.00 for them at sallys.  I thought u were suppossed to twist ur hair into a rope and then snip off ends that stick out? do u check the entire length of hair from the scalp to the ends, or splits are mainly only on the ends?  I have sooo much hair inspecting every strand will take me a lifetime.  Thanks Smiley

I love my mule!

IP Logged

Midnight Angel
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 4:04pm

Everybody has their own way of doing S&D, I guess. I just isolate whatever section of hair that I want to inspect, then cut off any L-shaped or damaged ends.

Sometimes, while I'm at work, I'll notice an end or 2 that look wonky and cut them off with the office scissors. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

callisto
Sapphire

Curly hair is crazy and
utterly beautiful

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 6:14pm

I normally do it while watching TV, I sit with a light at my back and de-tangle and hunt for splits at the same time.  I usually sit with a dark blanket over my knees so they're easy to see.

Oh, good, I'm glad embroidery scissors are OK.  There aren't any beauty supply stores near where I live so I use them... Also because I'm a little lazy... Grin.

Type 3bN-C(underneath)iii&&As daylight melted into shade&&A wandering music sweetly made&&Enchanted fluting, warbling wild&&For love of Thingol's elven child

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print