Send Topic Print
biotin daily doseage (Read 7978 times)
fisher2
Sapphire

Accipere quam facere praestat
injuriam

biotin daily doseage
Jan 29th, 2009 at 9:18pm

hey everyone just wanted you input on how much biotin  ya'll take a day i take 1000mcg-2000mcg a day sometimes 2 if i have an elder moment and forget i took onebut some places i read it says like 2500mcg a day what do ya'll think i should take?

&&...&&&&&&&&metal head straight
fishbassin4 ericmerg  
IP Logged

Curlgirl64
Stardust

Practice Yoga,give and
receive Reiki

Brooklyn,N.Y.
Re: biotin daily doseage
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 8:10am

I take Biotin for about 3 months now.  I take 300 mcg. a day.  It's a low dose,but I'm happy with the reduced amount of hair loss after I wash and condish. 
It's better to be safe than sorry.  I'd start with a low dose after checking with the doctor to make sure there isn't any interaction with any meds. you might be on or have been or recently.
HTH  Smiley

Curlgirl64
Head Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
WWW Curlgirl64  
IP Logged

LadyOfGold
Amethyst

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 8:46am

The dosage on my biotin supplement is 3 pills, or 3,000 mcg per day. To me, this seems a little high, and it's so inconvenient to try to take 3 pills a day! So I usually take one or two (1,000 to 2,000 mcg): always one in the morning, and sometimes one at dinner, assuming I remember.

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." ~Max Ehrmann

IP Logged

Skyfire
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 9:19am

My multivitamin has 100% of the daily RDA for Biotin.  I'm not sure how much that is, but it's certainly enough to counter any defficiency.  I've read that Biotin your body doesn't use just gets flushed out of yr body anyway, so taking more won't hurt you.

IP Logged

cera
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 3:27pm

Hey, I'm new to this whole 'trying' to grow my hair long and healthy!  I've read up on the vitamins and started taking a bunch!  (been meaning to do that anyway)  I found biotin in 5mg capsules (5000mcg) which just seems like a LOT!  Daily recomended dosage is 300mcg, so even though biotin is water soluble, could I possibly be doing damage taking so much?

-cera

IP Logged

Tanai
Emerald

Honey blonde 20"/31/33"
1c/C/iii

Wherever it is I need to be to do whatever it is I'm doing.
Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 4:35pm

cera, biotin is a B vitamin which also works on your nervous system. I experience problems when I have too many B vitamins, which is why I cannot take a B complex nor more than 1,000mcg Biotin, or I feel very on edge, nervous, and cannot sleep. Everyone's tolerance is different, due impart to whether they have a B deficiency and/or whether they are already taking vitamins. Since you are taking vitamins already I suggest not taking more than 2,00mcg. Anything less than 1,000mcg will not influence hair or nail growth.

IP Logged

cera
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 5:32pm

Well, that explains the jitters  Wink  Thank you, I think I'll cut back a bit then!

IP Logged

Midnight Angel
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 7:23pm

3,000 mcg per day works fine for me. Smiley

IP Logged

AgentOrange
Amethyst

Longing for Length

US
Reply #8 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 11:28pm

I take 3,300 mcg a day..to be honest I'm not sure if it does anything special for my hair, but it's worked wonders for my nails!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print