Hairline hair problem (Read 5541 times)
Drear
Diamond

1aCii

Denmark
Hairline hair problem
Feb 13th, 2009 at 4:14am

I'm not sure where this should go.

I've noticed that the hairs along my hairline around my forehead don't grow as long as the rest of the hair, are finer, and are prone to white tips/split ends.  What's with that?!  I've actually always noticed that they didn't grow as long as the rest of the hair but it's only now that I'm growing out my hair again that I've remembered.  I've never noticed the white tips or split ends before.

IP Logged

waiting4longlocks
Emerald

;)

Re: Hairline hair problem
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 9:46am

Maybe these hairs are finer and are breaking before they get a chance to grow (perhaps causing the white tips?)
I have little "baby hairs" around my hairline as well that are finer but they don't break. Maybe you could try giving these hairs extra moisture with oil or conditioners to bolster their strength. Do you take biotin?

Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic.  ~Rosalind Russell&&&&&&...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Skyfire
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 1:34pm

Interesting.  I and my daughter have those, too.  I have been trying to figure out why.  On DD I thought it was her barrettes, and on my I'm thinking it might be the hinge on my glasses breaking the hairs.  Hm.

IP Logged

Tara
Sapphire

Tail-Bone Length, Straight
Hair.

Fort Myers, FL
Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 2:41pm

I'm 25 and still have "baby hairs"  Mine are also very fine and wispy and go all along the edge of my hair line.  I thought this is just how normal hair is O.o  I don't think I have a growth problem with them, but I ALWAYS have short fine hairs surrounding my hairline, literally my entire life.  It could be that your hair just grows that way Wink

IP Logged

Midnight Angel
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 4:14pm

Quote:
I thought this is just how normal hair is O.o

It is.

Hair doesn't immediately recognize clear, defined lines of where it's "supposed" to grow and where it isn't. There are always finer, smaller hairs where bigger hair growth begins and ends. It's like this on your head, your face (this is why we pluck our eyebrows) and all over your body.

The only way to have a perfectly clean hairline is with laser removal.

IP Logged

Drear
Diamond

1aCii

Denmark
Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 8:40am

Quote:
Quote:
I thought this is just how normal hair is O.o

It is.

Hair doesn't immediately recognize clear, defined lines of where it's "supposed" to grow and where it isn't. There are always finer, smaller hairs where bigger hair growth begins and ends. It's like this on your head, your face (this is why we pluck our eyebrows) and all over your body.

The only way to have a perfectly clean hairline is with laser removal.

Ah thanks for the explanation.  I'm not that desperate though.  It's not an issue I'm concerned about when I have it explained that way. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print