L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Boar Bristle Brushes (Read 5147 times)
cera
Ex Member

Boar Bristle Brushes
Mar 7th, 2009 at 2:52pm

Anyone use them?  Which kind do you use?  They have soft, med, or hard bristles...which is best?

-cera

IP Logged

Tanai
Emerald

Honey blonde 20"/31/33"
1c/C/iii

Wherever it is I need to be to do whatever it is I'm doing.
Re: Boar Bristle Brushes
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 4:51pm

I had no idea they had different bristles textures.  Huh I just use a Scünci one that cost like $4. Best brush I've ever had. *shrugs* But my hair's not picky.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cera
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 5:05pm

Scunci hu?  Do the bristles tend to shed on you?  I had a clairol one that when I used it, a TON of bristles would fall out... Undecided  Now I'm looking at the Swissco Olive Wood Boar Bristle Club Hair Brush http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=206106&catid=83750&aid=333971&apa... which looks good...

IP Logged

Tanai
Emerald

Honey blonde 20"/31/33"
1c/C/iii

Wherever it is I need to be to do whatever it is I'm doing.
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 2:51pm

Well they've yet to make a brush impervious to falling apart.  LOL Roll Eyes Grin Bristles will shed inevitably but it shouldn't be tons, actually it should be hardly noticeable. A good BBB will last many years, my first was actually my mothers and was like 20+ years old before it the sealant came off and too many bristles fell out. Lacquered woods tend to have the lacquer chip off. Unfinished will rot when washed, so you want almost a plastic like finish to it. And natural boar bristles, they'll be two toned with tan tips. Synthetic just don't feel as well. The best bristles are prickly to the touch, dense, if you tug on them they won't pull out, and if you brush your hand through them they don't fall out. Basically if it's inexpensive it never hurts to give it a try, if you don't like it you can always try another.  Wink

IP Logged

Drear
Diamond

1aCii

Denmark
Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 4:18pm

Unsolicited advice - Don't share one with a short haired person (or anyone) who uses a lot of hair "gunk"!  We only have hub's old one and I used to use it for brushing vintage curly styles but I don't like to use it on my hair when it's natural and long.  I don't feel it really gets through the mass of hair.

IP Logged

cera
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 1:28am

Thanks so much for your reply's!  Wonderful information:)  I decided to order the one I linked above ... if I love it, I'll let you guys know!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print