Susan's Closet
LongLocks Collectors Club
Index of Hair Care Articles
Testimonials
Free Newsletter

L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to use a oil as a conditnerr? (Read 4216 times)
colombyanita
Ex Member

how to use a oil as a conditnerr?
Apr 11th, 2009 at 9:29pm

hi guys  Smileyokay well i stopped using a conditner after my shampoos bc i feel its jus not doing me justice.
okay well i use coconut oil instead  Wink i apply it b4 i wash my hair and the only thing is though i notice that im washing it like 3x to make sure the oils out! Its making my hair dry.  Sad What am i doing wrong? Is the any other suggestion to use oil instead of a conditner? I really wanna keep using coconut oil as my conditner.  Any suggestion please?

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Re: how to use a oil as a conditnerr?
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 11:58pm

Hi, colombyanita, and welcome to the boards.  Please introduce yourself in the New Members section and tell us more about your hair!

If you want the coconut oil to moisturize your hair, you could apply it after you shampoo.  Also, you could apply it before going to bed and let it soak in overnight, then wash in the morning-this should cut down on how many times you have to wash to get the oil out.  You might need less oil that you've been using.  Then, I'd still put a little on the ends because you don't want to leave your hair unprotected.

I recommend that you resume conditioning after you shampoo, but try a lighter or heavier conditioner based on how the one you were using wasn't working for you.

Good Luck!!!

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

colombyanita
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:24am

hehe oh i will be sure to introduce myself there:) thank you for your help! ill try ur suggestions out and figure out wat works best with my hair

thanks again sakina : Cheesy

IP Logged

YesitsReal
Ruby

LongLocks Rocks!

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2009 at 10:01pm

I'm interested in beginning to oil my hair, since my hair is now long enough that my natural oil no longer reaches the ends (Yay! for length; Boo! for poofy ends).  This may seem like a silly question, but nobody's mentioned it: If you oil overnight and wash in the morning, don't you have to wrap your hair in something so that the oil doesn't end up all over your pillow?  Also, how much oil do you normally use?  And if you put oil on your hair after you wash, doesn't it look...well...oily?

Thanks!

IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2009 at 10:28pm

When we oil our hair (other than for heavy conditioning), we use only a drop or two.  This small amount is enough to provide the moisture to the hair and be fully absorbed by the hair.  I will oil my hair at night then braid it for sleeping.  I've never had a problem with excess oil on the bedding or pillow.

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

YesitsReal
Ruby

LongLocks Rocks!

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2009 at 10:49pm

Thanks for clearing that up!   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print