Send Topic Print
Belated Hello  ;) (Read 4165 times)
YesitsReal
Ruby

LongLocks Rocks!

Belated Hello  ;)
Apr 27th, 2009 at 2:12am

Hi, everyone!

I've been coming to this site for some time (mostly for the guidelines and the advice posts), but I haven't gotten around to writing an intro yet, so here goes:

My hair is light blonde, fine with probably medium density, and a slight wave.  As of right now, it's armpit length.  My first goal is mid-back, but I'm hoping I'll have the patience to make it to waist length or maybe a bit longer.  I've cut my hair just about every way a person can cut it, including a super-short pixie (why, oh, why didn't someone talk me out of that one??), but I like the versatility of having my hair long.  I started actively growing my hair about a year ago to cut and donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths or a similar organization, but this site has convinced me otherwise.  Now I'm eager to get my hair as long and as healthy as I can.  I expect to get some resistance, especially from my sister (who is a stylist and firmly believes that nobody should have hair extending below her armpits), but I can't help it; I'm addicted!

Since joining the Salon and learning more about long hair, I've become a HUGE fan of braiding, especially renaissance-style braiding.  It keeps my hair out of the way, and my hair stays all day, even though it's layered and falls out of most other styles.  I'm currently trying to train myself to crown braid on my own head--much, much more difficult than on others'.  Smiley 

So far my favorite addition to my hair regimen has been oiling.  My hair has just recently gotten too long for my oil to reach the ends, even with a BBB, so I started using sweet almond oil on my ends a few days ago.  What a difference!  My ends were poofy and dry-looking.  Now they lie down and behave, and it's a LOT easier to style my hair.

Just a side note:  I've been so thankful for this website since I joined.  Not just because I've gotten some great advice, but mainly because the people here are so friendly!  Keep it up, everyone!! 

IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Re: Belated Hello  ;)
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 7:30am

Welcome to LongLocks!

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Midnight Angel
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 11:58am

Good to meet you, YesitsReal.

Your hair sounds lovely, as do your braids. You'll have to post some pix of your creative 'dos. Smiley

All the best to you and happy growing.

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 1:35pm

Welcome to the boards!!  Yes, please share some pics of your braiding!!!  As for the crown braid-practicex3! Better to get the skill now because learning it when your hair is really long would make it even more difficult!!!

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

Trisha
Stardust

Missouri
Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 9:21am

Welcome!   Smiley

pjsander  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print