Sheets. (Read 4870 times)
Tara
Sapphire

Tail-Bone Length, Straight
Hair.

Fort Myers, FL
Sheets.
Jun 22nd, 2009 at 3:50pm

So lately, I've been battling knotts, and as part of my quests for silkier hair I have finally decided I really need to switch away from moisture-absorbing cotton sheets.  I was just researching silk vs. satin sheets, and I don't like what I am hearing.  Silk is too expensive, and hard to clean, and satin is too slippery and apparently they are both hot (and my hubby is a very warm sleeper)  so now I am back to the drawing board!  ACK!  Also, people have suggested that I get just a silk or satin pilow case and leave my cotton sheets, but my hair is so long it doesn't just touch my pillowcase when I sleep, so I really need the cases AND sheets.  Does anyone know exactly what sorts of cotton suck up moisture?  I was thinking about sateen sheets, but that's still made from cotton.  I am wondering if there is a type of cotton sheet that isn't as prone to absorbing moisture.  Any ideas?

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Re: Sheets.
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 4:42pm

You're right, they're expensive but I will not live w/o my silk sheets and pillowcases.  I don't find silk to be warm to sleep in.  It isn't hard to clean, just through it in the washing machine gentle cycle and hang to dry.  They dry fast.

Seriously, I can't praise them enough.  I have really dry skin, and am so much more comfortable and sleep better than ever on cotton sheets-no matter what the thread count.

www.dreamsack.com is where I got all of mine from, they do have sales.  I started out with just a set of pillowcases to see how I liked them and if they made a difference.  I even travel with my silk pillowcases.

Just my 2cents!

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

Midnight Angel
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 5:28pm

Quote:
Silk is too expensive, and hard to clean, and satin is too slippery and apparently they are both hot

Where exactly are you hearing this, hon? Huh Because none of it is true.

Satin bedding has been a welcome feature in my boudoir for years now. It's not hot and is very easy to care for. Like Sakina said, just wash with the gentle cycle. I machine dry mine.

The sheets that I use came from JC Penney and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Both of which constantly have sales. You'll probably want to get a few spare pairs of pillowcases for traveling and regular changing. HTH

IP Logged

Tara
Sapphire

Tail-Bone Length, Straight
Hair.

Fort Myers, FL
Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 11:10am

I was just reading random articles on the internet, but I am happy to hear that I have misinformed!  I was ganna go satin, but I already have problems with the hubby accidentally pushing my pillow around, so I know if I was in a slippery environment all night, I would end up pillowless!  Sakina!  I am excited to hear that you love your silk sheets!  Do they get "crunchy" when you line-dry them?  Also, do yours stain?  And I am SO glad to hear they aren't hot.  What about if you are sweating though, I assume they will get easily soaked and stick to you?  Thanks for the link!  I will definitely check it out!  

*EDIT*

Hey!  What about Bamboo sheets?  I have been hearing about those lately.  Apparently they feel like silk?  I wonder if they strip moisture away like cotton does.

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 1:51pm

My sheets don't get crunchy, I forgot to mention I put them in the dryer for like 10 minutes and then hang dry the rest of the way.  Haven't had them stain.  They do get wet if you're sweating a lot, but they dry fast so if you move or get up for a minute they're not so bad.

I haven't tried the bamboo, but I am intrigued.  Next time I might try out some bamboo pillow cases to see how soft they are.  If I don't like them, hubby will use them.

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print