Susan's Closet
LongLocks Collectors Club
Index of Hair Care Articles
Testimonials
Free Newsletter

L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hiiiiiii.....Noobie here!! (Read 5758 times)
jencm
Amethyst

LongLocks Rocks!

Littleton, Colorado
Hiiiiiii.....Noobie here!!
Jan 2nd, 2010 at 10:40pm

Hello all!

Just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Jen...25 years old, from Beautiful Colorado. Smiley I'm married...starting a photography business (that's another way of saying, I'm Broke...lol), love the outdoors.....
....and I'm trying to grow my hair long again!
I had my hair about tailbone length for 4-5 years...until I let my family full of short haired women, pressure me into a trim that turned into me having collarbone length hair.  Embarrassed Needless to say it wasn't a happy time for me...it was for THEM, lol, but not myself. After that I entered into some bad years full of shorter hair and too many dye jobs...My Dad, who always loved my long hair, hated that period of time and always wanted me to just leave it alone and let it be long again.
Well a year and a half ago, I lost my Dad to cancer....it was harder than I can explain to anyone - he was my best friend and had been a dad and a mom to me, since it was just he and I for so long.
Anyway, after that I decided I was growing my hair back out and I've been working on it since. For myself because I want it...and for my Dad in a way. I know I'll see him again one day and it makes me smile to think of how happy he always was when my hair was so long. Sounds silly, I'm sure.... *shrug*
Anyway - my hair at this moment is about waist length - but I'm preparing to go take a 4 inch trim to it tonight, to rid myself of what I hope is the last of the damage from all the dye jobs of the past. *sigh*

Sooo, there's a bit about me! Hope to get to know you all better!

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Re: Hiiiiiii.....Noobie here!!
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 11:54am

Hi, jencm!  Welcome to LongLocks (again)!

Well, I support your decision to grow your hair long again.

I'm sorry for the loss of your Dad.  My mom has cancer and will most likely die from it.  (((hugs)))

Seems just right to be cutting off the damage of the past as we get in to the new year!

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

jencm
Amethyst

LongLocks Rocks!

Littleton, Colorado
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 7:02pm

Thanks again for the welcome!

*hugs back* I'm so sorry you're having to deal with the ugly cancer monster also....it's so so hard. My thoughts are most def with you and your mom....

IP Logged

MichelleR
Emerald

DFW area, Texas
Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 9:25pm

Welcome jencm!

MichelleR  
IP Logged

Angel
Emerald

carpe noctem

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:26pm

Greetings and welcome, Jencm. Smiley

So sorry about your father. Ugh. I've lost so many people that I've loved to cancer, it isn't funny. I'd sodding lose it if the same thing happened to my dad. Cry

Quote:
I know I'll see him again one day and it makes me smile to think of how happy he always was when my hair was so long. Sounds silly, I'm sure.... *shrug*

Not silly at all. That sounds beautiful, and a very fitting tribute to his memory. He's smiling down on you for sure.

Best of luck with the trim. I'm taking 4" off once I reach waist length also, so we'll more or less be in the same boat.

Cheers!

IP Logged

Curlgirl64
Stardust

Practice Yoga,give and
receive Reiki

Brooklyn,N.Y.
Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 4:52am

Welcome to LongLocks,Jencm!  To other new members that have joined while I was away,Welcome!! Smiley

Curlgirl64
Head Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
WWW Curlgirl64  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print