Susan's Closet
LongLocks Collectors Club
Index of Hair Care Articles
Testimonials
Free Newsletter

L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pixie Cut to Rapunzel- Will this newbie make it? (Read 5670 times)
Katherina
Amethyst

LongLocks Rocks!

Pixie Cut to Rapunzel- Will this newbie make it?
Jan 9th, 2010 at 10:56pm

Hello, everyone!  You all can call me Katherina, and I'm new here.  Smiley

About this time last year, I was forced to cut off nearly all of my hair, thanks to a very bad over-the-sink dye job.

Now it's a pixie cut.  A very comfy, carefree pixie cut, I must say, yet I miss my regal braids and French twists.   Sad

I'd like to grow my now dye-free, medium blonde hair to perhaps a few inches past my shoulders.  Any tips for a Rapunzel-in-training?  How can I keep myself from chopping it all off in frustration?  How can I gracefully grow out my bangs, without looking like a punk rocker?

I need help from as many hair experts as I can find... and I believe that I've come to the right place.  Smiley

IP Logged

Angel
Emerald

carpe noctem

Re: Pixie Cut to Rapunzel- Will this newbie make it?
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 11:44pm

You have indeed. Smiley Lovely to meet you, Katherina.

Quote:
Any tips for a Rapunzel-in-training?

In general: regular trims, good conditioning, and quality products. Oh yes, and loads of patience. Roll Eyes

Quote:
How can I keep myself from chopping it all off in frustration?

Some say the best method is to play the waiting game. If you still want to cut after 2 weeks, then cut - just not too much. Sometimes a little trim is all it takes to feel less frustrated.

But really, if you want long hair badly enough, you won't chop it all off.

Quote:
How can I gracefully grow out my bangs, without looking like a punk rocker?

They're called headbands. Roll Eyes Barrettes work too. And bobby pins! And just what is wrong with looking like a punk rocker anyway?

In any case, welcome aboard. I'm sure the others will chime in with their own ideas soon enough. Cheers!

IP Logged

Curlgirl64
Stardust

Practice Yoga,give and
receive Reiki

Brooklyn,N.Y.
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 8:07am

Hello and welcome to LL!  Glad to have you on board :
Angel has done a good job with her suggestions Wink There's a lot of info. here for you to read.  I'm sure that if you ask questions alot will offer their advise,experiences and suggestions.  We are all learning from one another and trying to either maintain or grow long healthy hair!
Just make sure anything you use to keep you bangs out of your eyes while growing them out is hair safe!

Curlgirl64
Head Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
WWW Curlgirl64  
IP Logged

kittennoodlesoup
Sapphire

2aF/Mii, 33/39.5/45

the 'Burgh
Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 11:15pm

Welcome aboard!

I third a lot of the information already given. Another trick I loved to use to grow out my bangs were micro claw-clips. I'd use two or four clips to just twist and clip them back. They'd make cute little accents above my face.

Not really sure how to help with the chop urge. I absolutely hate going to the salon, so I usually put off trims for as long as possible.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print