Head Coverings (Read 5295 times)
brunette85
Sapphire

yogalates: mind, body,
and spirit

USA
Head Coverings
Mar 31st, 2010 at 1:47am

Does anyone use head coverings? I have been thinking about trying out a snood. They are so pretty and seem like a great way to keep my hair up and out of the way while being protected. I am also interested in other coverings too such as scarves and bandanas.

Here is a link of examples:
http://uptowngirlsnoods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18&Item...

Let us hear your experiences and advice. What worked for you? What is a better fabric? Pictures are always welcomed! Smiley

SL/CBL/CL
3a-b/m-c/iii
kaseys_mom06  
IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Re: Head Coverings
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 2:08am

I have a bunch of snoods.  I like them, though mostly wear them at the Renaissance Festival.  They look really good under a hat, too.  If you get one that has an elastic tie in it, I recommend wearing the tie at the top so it doesn't tangle in the hair at the nape.  I get my snoods from www.snoods.com

I have some scarves that I wear when working outside that can contain all of my hair.  I usually only wear bandannas when I've got pigtail braids, otherwise I get my hair tangled at the knot.

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

Enna
Ruby

CALIFORNIA
Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 7:39pm

If you are into crocheting - I have a couple of snood and bun cover patterns. Both are very easy and quick to make.  I use elastic around the edge to help hold and ribbon to look pretty. Smiley

...and I shall wear purple.
1a/F/ii

IP Logged

brunette85
Sapphire

yogalates: mind, body,
and spirit

USA
Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 11:22am

Sakina that website is great I was actually looking at that one too because of the designs. I'm not sure what website had it but they make a non-slip piece that goes underneath like a headband and it grips the hair. I am definitely going to do more research before I decide.

Enna I would love to make my own bun, I am not really good at crocheting. My grandmother started teaching me when I was young, but she was sick before she could get into details.

Thanks for your replies. Smiley

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2010 at 3:41pm by Curlgirl64 »  

SL/CBL/CL
3a-b/m-c/iii
kaseys_mom06  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print