Susan's Closet
LongLocks Collectors Club
Index of Hair Care Articles
Testimonials
Free Newsletter

L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 122
Send Topic Print
Godyssey's Journey to Longer Lengths (Read 780706 times)
Godyssey
Stardust

Georgia
Re: LaDiosa's Journey to Longer Lengths
Reply #435 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 12:46am

novusfemina:  I never said my cats liked the costumes...they hate them but I figure for all that I do for them day in and day out they can at least dress up for me. Roll Eyes

Angel Spun: Yeah I suppose it would be an oxymoron however this recipe calls for absolutely no dairy.  It's mainly crushed nuts and coconut oil.

Quote:
When my sister & I were kids, we used to torture our poor cats by putting them in a ballerina costume that actually belonged to one of my sister's stuffed animals.    My cat would freak out and kick furiously until the shoes came flying off...my sister's cat would just lay down and pin his ears.    Yes, we were twisted...but good times.
 You crack me up! Grin

Kiraela: So far only one of my cats has given me any real problems with this.  My normally sweet docile kitty actually tried to bite me as I put her costume on but, I'm determined that they will all be in costume on Halloween. Tongue

Trisha: I don't know.  She never suggested it so I'm not sure how much it would help.  I don't get anxiety attacts anymore, unless I go off my medication and even then they aren't bad ones, so I guess she feels that it isn't serious enough to require counseling sessions.  Maybe I'll ask her next time.  I was also thinking it may be because she is the only one in her practice and her waiting room was pretty full.  Perhaps this is her way of making sure eveyone gets seen. Undecided

Life:  I was still in bed around 10 this morning when I noticed my husband acting strange.  He had already awaken about 7 oclock but around 10 he kept coming into our room but seemingly for no purpose.  He'd come in and walk right back out.  The second time I even asked him what he was doing but only glanced at me and kept on walking.  Finally, I got out of bed and he came into my bathroom and told me that my cat was missing and that we needed to find her.  Here we go again.  I was so upset because only yesterday I'd told him that if he's going to let the cats out in the yard he MUST watch them because my youngest can climb the fence.  So of course I'm pissed at him but knew I had to find my cat.  It took about 2 hours but eventually she began to respond as I called her.  She was in the back of my house in the bushes were there are tons of thorns.  I tried to get down there but got cut on my leg.  So my husband went down there to look for her.  I'd call her, she'd respond and he'd try to get as close as he could but he could never get close enough to grab her and she would not go to him.  After what seemed like forever, eventually she came out of the woods and made her way over to me.  I was so upset with her but also relieved at the same time.  I gave her a bath just in case she ran into some fleas and ticks but she seems perfectly fine.  I and my husband on the other hand have lots to thorn cuts to tend to.  

I just purchased hedges that can grow up to 12 feet which I am going to plant all along the fence, so hopefully once I get those going, I won't have to worry about her hopping over anymore. Roll Eyes

Healthy Hair Is My Priority...

IP Logged

novusfemina
Emerald

La nuit a des douceurs
de femme

Reply #436 - Oct 12th, 2007 at 8:36am

Hehehehe!  I can see you talking to them now, "Like it or not, you're going to wear it.. I'm the holder of the can opener and the tuna fish!"

IP Logged

Trisha
Stardust

Missouri
Reply #437 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 10:08am

Cats...Oy, they're like kids, immature ones at that.   Roll Eyes

pjsander  
IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Re: Lisabelle's Hair Quest
Reply #438 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 9:53am

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Godyssey
Stardust

Georgia
Reply #439 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 12:28am

Yes, my cats are like children, but this year I've given up and will be giving them their way.  The one costume I have is still too big even after my altering it and the other one I got was to big as well.  They said to measure from head to their bottom to determine size but I suppose that only works for dogs.  Anyway, the last one I ordered was from an eBay fraudster who took my money (and the money of a few others) but never delivered a product.  So, I re sold my other costume and decided to give it up this year.  I'll dress them next year and hopefully it'll be more simpler, at least now, I know what size they wear.

I did finally get my costume though.  It's a maids costume but I altered it and dyed the white lace parts a pretty teal blue.  Now it looks more like a Moulan (sp?) Rouge type outfit.  I'm going to dress my husband up as a vampire but I want to do his eyes like Johnny Depp in Pirates (so sexy!)

I still haven't been thinking about my hair too much lately.  My newest passion is vintage clothing, buying and selling.  I'd never been to a thrift store prior to a week ago and I was surprised at how much fun I had, it was like searching for treasure.  I can't wait to go again in a few days. Smiley

I also went to the Moscow Cat Theater this past weekend, it was so much fun!  They train regular domesticated cats to do circus tricks, it was amazing!  It was geared alot towards kids as they had clowns too, I imagine to fill the time as they prepared the cats backstage.  They even called my husband up to be part of the show at one point.  He was sick and feverish with a cold but he loved it.  He was making silly faces and winking at the crowd, the people seemed to enjoy it but I was preoccupied with the thought that he may pass out.  He was fine though and was saying how much he loves being on the stage and how even sick, the show must go on... he's such a ham! Grin

Um, my house is coming along great!  I'm finally going to get the dining set that I want next week, so we can have proper meals and a proper Thanksgiving at the table.

I figure that by the end of the year we'll have everything done around here and hopefully then, I'll be ready to join the Compact.  I'd love to try to not make any new purchases (except the essentials) for one year, or at least six months.  I think learning to get by with only what I have will be great for me.  I've actually done it before but then it was easier because I didn't have the means to consume.  This will be more of a challenge because I'll have the means but will have to use discipline not to shop.

Yay, Halloween is getting closer everyday!  I already carved my pumpkin which turned out really nice but apparently, I carved too prematurely because it's already rotted and had to be thrown away. Cry   My husband and I are even already snacking on those little candy bars.  Not only can't I believe that I'm eating this candy, I can't believe how much I can eat, it's nuts!  I've finally lost 5lbs and if I keep this up, I'm most likely going to put it all back on. Cry  I think now is the time for me to practice discipline. Tongue  

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Reply #440 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 1:29am

Next time you carve your pumpkin, rub Vasaline on the cut parts to keep it from drying out or rotting too early!

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

Godyssey
Stardust

Georgia
Reply #441 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 2:17am

Ooh, great tip, thanks!  It was the first intricate carving I'd ever done so it was a bit disappointing to have it rot so soon, hopefully this will work for me! Cheesy

IP Logged

Trisha
Stardust

Missouri
Reply #442 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 10:29am

The Moscow Cat Theater sounds like fun!   Smiley

pjsander  
IP Logged

Godyssey
Stardust

Georgia
Reply #443 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 2:24pm

It really was!  I only wish I could teach my own cats to do some of those tricks.  My cats are pretty smart, I just don't know how to begin teaching some of those tricks.  Perhaps I'll buy another cat training book. Smiley

IP Logged

Godyssey
Stardust

Georgia
Reply #444 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 6:28pm

Yay, I found something new to be excited about!  I've been in such a hair rut lately.  I'd found products that worked so I'd just been doing the same routine which is fine, but it's been boring.  Today in the mail, I got a catalog with Ojon products and they sound great so I'm gonna give them a try. I hope they work as well as advertised.Cheesy

I also recieved the perfect leather jacket in the mail today.  I was so happy because I'd been looking for a nice jacket for years. It's so cute and feminine, it's black and ruffly with lace trim.  Only now it felt a little weird because I no longer eat meat yet I just purchased leather. Undecided 

IP Logged

Curlgirl64
Stardust

Practice Yoga,give and
receive Reiki

Brooklyn,N.Y.
Reply #445 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 6:50pm

You won't be disappointed with the Ojon products.  I've used them on and off for about 4 years.  The restorative treatment is pricey,but well worth it! Smiley

Curlgirl64
Head Board Moderator
WWW Curlgirl64  
IP Logged

Lisabelle
Stardust

Kami wa onna no inochi
- A womens hair is her
life

Southern Ontario, Canada
Reply #446 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 6:53pm

Curlgirl64 wrote on Oct 25th, 2007 at 6:50pm:
You won't be disappointed with the Ojon products.  I've used them on and off for about 4 years.  The restorative treatment is pricey,but well worth it! Smiley

I second that!  Ojon is really good! Cool

Lisabelle  
IP Logged

Godyssey
Stardust

Georgia
Reply #447 - Oct 26th, 2007 at 1:33am

Woo Hoo, Ojon!  Now, I really can't wait to try it!  Thanks Lisabelle and Curlgirl for telling me of your experiences with it.   I'm getting the S&H plus the restorative treatment, I'll let you know how it works for my hair. 

IP Logged

Curlgirl64
Stardust

Practice Yoga,give and
receive Reiki

Brooklyn,N.Y.
Reply #448 - Oct 26th, 2007 at 5:16am

Smiley you're welcome!

Curlgirl64
Head Board Moderator