Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finally Finally (Read 5773 times)
Debr
Diamond

LongLocks Rocks!

Finally Finally
Apr 24th, 2007 at 1:20pm

Finally, Finally,  my thick coarse hair is becoming softer.  Even the area next to my scalp which was sooooo coarse and crispy.  I have been oiling at nite b4 wash in the morning and that is truly helping.  I have discovered some more gray/white hair which is also responding to the oil treatment.  Since I started doing S & D on a twice weekly basis, my ends have gotten thicker.  Of coarse, cutting the ends has helped too.  Overall, my hair LOOKS and FEELS so much healthier.  I am going to continue doing this until hhhmmmmm, maybe a long time.  I dont know if my hair will get too oily, I will have to watch that.  Thanks for all the great info   Grin.

Debr

IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Re: Finally Finally
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 3:59pm

Congrats!  I'm glad you have found some suggestions that are working for you.

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Angel Spun
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 5:40pm

Way to go, Debr!  Cheesy

I might have to try this nightly oiling thing...  Wink

IP Logged

Debr
Diamond

LongLocks Rocks!

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 1:34pm

Hi Angelspun,  I am very impressed with how my hair is responding the nitely oil thing  Grin.  I just wish my curls would do better.  I have been trying to comb with my fingers more, but I am still getting frizz.  I have been putting it in a bun when it is damp, but that takes out all the curl, but no frizz.  I would rather have no curl than be frizzy.  Alas, I guess I cant have it all  Shocked.  Have a great day.

Debr

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 4:51pm

Debr, how are you drying your hair?  Do you turn your head upside down?  Do you use regular towels?  For me, if I turn my wet hair upside down I'm guarenteed frizzies.  I have found that the Aquis towels help soooooooo much.  I sucks up soo much moisture and allows me to encourage the wave pattern instead of destroy it.

I hope you can find a solution-I know how irritating frizzies can be, especially when it takes away from the beauty of curls/waves.

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

Debr
Diamond

LongLocks Rocks!

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 1:25pm

Hi Sakina,  No, I dont turn my head upside down.  I just use a regular towel to dry it.  I usually leave my hair in the towel for about 10 minutes b4 I start to do the combout.  I have almost given up on trying to get the curl pattern to stay in my hair.  Maybe with my hair being as long and thick as it is, the weight pulls out my curl anyway.  I am satisfied with the smoothness of it now.  Sooo, if there is no curl, oh well.  At least, it is looking and feeling much better now even tho it hangs straight.

Debr

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print