Susan's Closet
LongLocks Collectors Club
Index of Hair Care Articles
Testimonials
Free Newsletter

L'Etoile Perdue by William Bouguereau

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lisabelle's Valton Vampire (Read 33140 times)
Lisabelle
Stardust

Kami wa onna no inochi
- A womens hair is her
life

Southern Ontario, Canada
Lisabelle's Valton Vampire
Oct 18th, 2007 at 10:32pm

The Valton Vampire

I had always been interested in the supernatural.  As a child my father and I watched countless TV shows geared to such a thing.  But of all, the subject that intrigued me the most was vampires.  I loved the old vampire movies, Dracula, Nosfeatu.  I read many books on the subject from Elizabeth Balthory to the Anne Rice novels.  I joined the fans clubs and went to the vampire bars and all.  I looked on all of this as a hobby of sorts, just having fun.  Dressing up and enjoying myself.  I found that I seemed to melt into to the gothic scene.  I never thought that vampires were anything but a romantic/gothic idea.  That is till I met one…. a real one.

It was late November, some friends and I had when to Sanctuary, a Goth/freak bar in downtown Toronto.  We had gotten there late and those of us who drank quickly got drunk before last call.  I sat with my drink and watched the rest of the “undead” patrons mingle and fade off into the dark recesses of the club.   The music that night was very dark and not unlike a wake compared to the usual industrial thrash.  It was three a.m. when the bouncers where kicking out the last of the drunks.  I looked around for my comrades to find that they where gone, and so was my ride.
This is nothing new so I reached in to the bodice of my corset and produced cab fare for the trip home.  I put my cape over my shoulder and walked to the door.  Hector one of my bouncer friends at the club, smiled as I walked up.  At 6’7”and 350lbs, Hector was a big sweetheart.  He lowered he head and I briefly caressed his smooth bald skull.
  “Bye sweetie.” I said. Hector blushed and called after me that he had order up a cab to take me home. I got into the cab and we headed home.  The cab driver hummed softy as we drove down Hwy. 407.   When we reached Valton I told him to drop me off at the Valton cemetery.  He gave me a wild look and sped up.  I could feel the engine struggle with the speed the driver was trying to do.  The cab roared down the side street and swung the wide turn at Church Street and flew down toward the graveyard. The driver slammed the cab in to a squealing halt at the front gate.  Frustrated at his actions, I threw him a twenty and got out.  He did not seem to care that I ripped him off by thirty dollars.  He floored it out of there like a bat out of hell.  I love the cemetery at night.  It’s so peaceful and so beautiful in the moonlight.  I have always been a bone yard buff.  I find it very relaxing after a night out.  The stones themselves are true works of art. During the day I would come by and do rubbings of some of the stones and display them in my home.   My favorite gravestone is one of an angel knelt in prayer atop a large monument.  I kept a small set of votive candles at its base.  I searched through my bag and found some matches.  As I reached the grave I noticed that it felt a little cooler just around that area.  As I came up to it my feet began to sink in the soft earth.  Quickly I stepped over to a small plot marker and stood on my toes to avoid the mud.  I bent over and let the candles.  A fine mist began to take shape around the trees and headstones around me.  It was a perfect setting for an old horror film.    I stood and breathed in the cold night air.  The clock tower shone luminously in the fog began tolling the hour.  From behind me I heard a rustling in the bushes.  The tolling of the clock was so melancholy and empty.  It seemed to envelop the cemetery the whole world and me.  A voice, small and hushed whispered in my ear.
  “Help me” I whirled around.  No one there.  I wrapped my cape tighter around me.  I decided to start back.  

To be continued.....
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2007 at 3:21pm by bikerbraid »  
Lisabelle  
IP Logged

Curlgirl64
Stardust

Practice Yoga,give and
receive Reiki

Brooklyn,N.Y.
Re: Lisabelle's Hair Quest
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 1:50am

AAAACCCCCKKKKK!!  Are you kidding me?????  This is great!!!!!  You leave me hanging,can't wait for the continuation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curlgirl64
Head Board Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
WWW Curlgirl64  
IP Logged

Lisabelle
Stardust

Kami wa onna no inochi
- A womens hair is her
life

Southern Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 6:42am

Part 2..

Again the voice, it seemed to be pleading. 
  “Help me” I took off across the green and tripped on a low-lying marker.  I managed to scrap my hand on a very old stone that was now lying flat on the earth.  Great I thought as I lied there, I’m flat on my face with and there’s some crazy out here with me.   I rose to my feet and headed for the gate. 
  “Please don’t go”.  It was the voice again.  I turned to see a young man in his early thirties standing five feet in front of me.  He wore tattered breeches and a waistcoat.  A gold pocket watch swung from his vest.  I clapped my hand over my mouth and backed away.  His face was as white as stone.
  “Who are you?” I gasped.   
  “Please, I will not hurt you”. He stepped closer.  My name is John Deburcahed, the sun will rise very soon and I need a place to hide”.    I gave him a hard look. 
  “And who do you think you are a vampire or something?”  For all I knew this guy was a little off. 
  “Yes, I am a vampyer”.  He said boldly. “ And I can prove it”.  Before I could rebut he had suddenly appeared right next to me and smiled a long toothy grin. 
  “Nice fangs” I said in a shaky voice.  My name is Anna.  He took my hand and kissed it. His lips were cold but gentle. I felt the tips of his fangs against my skin.  As I withdrew my hand I looked into his dark eyes.  “So where did you come from, I mean don’t you have coffin or something around here?” My god I thought this is crazy; here I am standing out in the cemetery with a vampire.   He explained to me that in the year 1885 he came to Canada with his wife.  And that they had lived in this town together for a year.  A sudden fever had taken his wife so he deiced to return home to Paris.  There was nothing left for him in Canada.  So he sold his house and lands and booked passage back to France. The night before his departure he was visited by a strange women.  She had been interested in buying some of the French furniture he had posted for sale in the town hall.  When he told her all had been sold she was most upset.  She flew at him and bit him on the neck. At which point he fell into unconiuness.  He awoke the next night to find himself in a coffin.  He had been buried in the very graveyard in which we stood.  He clawed his way to the surface.  The women, Elizabeth, the one who had bitten him, was there waiting for him.  She told him what he had become, a vampire.  He did not believe her.  But as time went on he learned what he must do to survive.  He prayed on the sick and the weak.  An outbreak of Cholera made things very easy for them.  Elizabeth and John fed as they will with no worry of being detected.  However, that all changed.  Duncan Mcdougall, a fire and brimstone preacher came to the town of Valton in the spring of 1889.  His quest was to destroy all the evil in the town.  He was paranoid and suspicious of everyone. His sermons struck fear in the hearts of the town’s people.  He was convinced that a monster was in this very town.  He said that God had sent him to cleanse the evil.  Elizabeth, in her quest to eliminate this threat was caught and tried to flee.  Mcdougall found out where she rested by day.  He staked her, then filled her coffin with garlic and rue.  He then poured brimstone over the coffin and covered up the grave with large stones.  He had kept a lock of her hair and one of her eyes in a little black box as a talisman against vampires.  He then declared the town cursed.  John had to act quickly.  He dug himself as far down as he could into his grave and waited for all to subside.  As the years went by he fell into a very deep sleep. Thankfully no on opened his grave.   It was a hundred and seven years later when a large machine, a front loader, dug down close to his coffin.  The cemetery was now using the old section to put in new graves.  That night he emerged from his slumber to find a very different world.  The clock tower began to toll the hour.  It would be sunrise in twenty minutes.
    “John I said can you not go back to your grave?”   
  “No Anna”, he sighed deeply. “ I believe someone knows my secret”.  “My grave has been filled with a foul brew, can you help me?” He pleaded. 
  “Well, I know where you can stay but I warn you, I don’t know how safe it is or if it still existed”.
  “ Oh, how do you mean?” 
  “ Come, time is wasting”.  I led him to the south end of the cemetery.  If my calculations are correct we would find a door in one of the mausoleums that led to catacombs under the cemetery.  I was surprised that John did not know of them himself.  We found the right one.  The door was nailed shut and sealed with pitch.
    “Bugger, it’s sealed” I swore. 
  “Not to worry”. Said John, who ripped the door open with one hand.    The pungent order of stale air filled my lungs as I led the way in.  I lit a match and found a torch on the wall.  As I stepped over to it I heard a strange sound. 
  “What is that?” I said.  The sound got louder and louder.  Scraping and squealing filled the air, and then the ground began to shake.  I dropped the match and froze.
  “Oh dear!” John quipped and then seized me around the waist and lifted me up.  From down in the bowels of the earth came a hoard of rats.  They came up the stairs and flooded the anti chamber we where in.   The sound of their cries were deafening.  John pushed open the door so that they could exit.  They filed out in a great hurry.

Lisabelle  
IP Logged

Lisabelle
Stardust

Kami wa onna no inochi
- A womens hair is her
life

Southern Ontario, Canada
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 6:44am

Part three...

John put me down and lit the torch with a snap of his fingers. 
  “Wow neat trick. Oh and thanks”. I said.
John smiled and held the torch aloft. 
  “Shall we go?”

We went down a long set of spiral stairs lighting the torches on the walls as we went.  When we reached the bottom, John held the torch up high.  Around us all I could see were tombs.  It was like being in a beehive.  They stretched all along the walls in an endless sea of ominous black holes. Some had remains of the dead, others where sealed off completely.  Many of them had decorative arches with masonry work in various motifs of fluer de lies . The center of the chamber had a raised stone platform.  It was adored with reliefs of angels and death head skulls. 
  “Holy, this amazing!” I exclaimed. My words echoed around the room. The air was musty and damp.  “Well I hope this will do”.  John smiled.
    “Yes, Mademoiselle Anna this is perfect.  But tell me, how did you know that this place existed?”  I told him that I had found some documents in the basement of my house.  I lived in the old Brewmasters farmhouses on Clarence St. One day the boiler went out of whack, so I went down to see what the problem was.  Behind the boiler there was a crevasse in the foundation of the house.  I dug around in the hole and found some old scrolls.  One of the papers was a map of the catacombs.  They where built buy a French nobleman, who was leader of Valton long before the English came.   Once the English settled they put in a cemetery over the catacombs.  The French who lived in the town still used the catacombs until 1880 when they where closed by Samuel Kaiser the Mayor at the time.  I bid him farewell; once again he ran his cold lips across my hand. In exchange for my help, John promised not to prey on my family or me.  I left John down there and went on home.  The sun was up but it still was cloudy and cold.

A few nights later I went to the cemetery to visit John and to see if I dreamed it all.  The entrance to the catacombs was sealed off.  And a large crucifix was suspended on the door.   Brick and mortar had been used and, on closer inspection, the mortar was permeated with what smelled like garlic and herbs.   I walked out of the mausoleum and sat on the steps pondering the situation.  Had John’s suspicions been correct?  Has someone known his secret and who?  Then a voice called out to me.
  “Its best you be leaving now missy!”
I looked up to see a man standing before me.  The figure was dressed in a priests habit, his silver hair danced wildly around his head in the breeze.   He face was set in a grim frown.   
  “Who are you?” I questioned. 
  “Leave her child before the devil gets you!  His voice boomed. There is evil in this town and I have come to cleanse it!” 
  “You wouldn’t happen to be Father Mcdougall?”  I should not have asked. 
  “Aye!” He thundered, “I am Father Patrick Mcdougall.  The great, great grandson of Duncan Mcdougall, the vampire hunter who…”
I looked at him.  Jeez, I guess he destroyed John.  What a nut!  Just as crazy as John said his ancestor was. 
  “Yeah, okay what every you say.” I grumbled and got up and walked away.  As I got to the exit of the cemetery I could still here him preaching and hollering up a storm.

I guess things don’t change.  So if you’re a Vampire I suggest you do not visit the township of Valton.

The End...

Lisabelle  
IP Logged

Lisabelle
Stardust

Kami wa onna no inochi
- A womens hair is her
life

Southern Ontario, Canada
Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 6:44am

Curlgirl64 wrote on Oct 19th, 2007 at 1:50am:
AAAACCCCCKKKKK!!  Are you kidding me?????  This is great!!!!!  You leave me hanging,can't wait for the continuation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and enjoy! Cheesy

Lisabelle  
IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 9:53am

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Curlgirl64
Stardust

Practice Yoga,give and
receive Reiki

Brooklyn,N.Y.
Re: Lisabelle's Valton Vampire
Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2007 at 5:12pm

Excellent story,Lisabelle!!!

Curlgirl64
Head Board Moderator