bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Bad Day :(
Feb 20th, 2006 at 12:20am

Can this day get any worse?

Setting the scene:  Hubby has been in Florida since last Saturday taking care of things for his mother.  Our son went with and his wife joined them on Thursday.  That left me at home with the dog.

1.  Got up and walked to the bathroom barefoot only to step in dog pee.

2.  My car would not start, had to have it jumped by the neighbor.

3.  Went to get more yarn to finish a scarf for the neighbor and they had no more.  I had to rip out an entire scarf to re-knit it to be longer.

4.  Doing the wash, the laundry tub overflowed.  So I had to mop up the basement floor.  (It overflowed because hubby forgot to remove a plug he uses when he is santizing wine bottles.)

5.  Took the dog for a walk (single digits outside).  Decided to take a different route.  Slipped on ice and fell.  I do not have my cell phone and I realize I CANNOT walk.  I flag down a car and with much difficulty, they help me up and drive me home.  I have the neighbor take me to the ER - I figure I have bad sprain.

6.  While in the ER - the nurse is taking info, I am in excrusiating pain - hyperventilating and all.  I ask if I could please be put in a chair that allows me to elevate my foot.  She gets a different wheel chair and in the process of backing up the wheelchair I am in, she swings the chair around and HITS MY SORE FOOT AGAINST THE WALL!!  (My neighbor says she's never heard a scream like that out of me and she is sure the whole hospital heard me).

7.  I have Xrays, and low and behold I have a spiral fracture of the fibula (the outer leg bone).  Gee, no wonder hitting the wall with it hurt so much!

So, I am now home with a cast and crutches and pain medication.  Since it is my right foot, I cannot drive for at least a week, and since I drive a manual transmission (with a clutch), I may not be able to drive for 6 weeks!

What else can go wrong today?

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
LongLocks HairSticks Boutique
http://www.longlocks.com
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Angel Spun
Ex Member

Re: Bad Day :(
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 1:08am

Quote:
What else can go wrong today?

You should never ask.

Gosh BB, that is terrible! What a rotten day...  Sad

I am so sorry that you broke your leg! That's just....ugh that's something I can't even comprehend, having never broken a bone - I feel so bad for you!! *hugzzz*

Thank God that your neighbour was there to help! Talk about being up a creek without a paddle. Obviously, you have someone watching over you.  Smiley

But you know, for as sucky of a day as it was, it sure could have been a lot worse. Think of it...you were able to get the help you needed one way or another - you weren't stranded or suffering for too long, and...you're not dead!  Cheesy  Plus, when your family returns, you'll have lots of people to sign your cast and wait on you hand and foot.  Grin  If I were you, I might count myself pretty lucky in spite of it all.  Wink

Best of luck for a swift & total recovery. You're a strong woman, so I know you won't be down too long.  Smiley

IP Logged

Lisabelle
Stardust

Kami wa onna no inochi
- A womens hair is her
life

Southern Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 4:24am

I'm so sorry to here you broke you leg Embarrassed  Murphys Law "whatever can go wrong will"  I do hope your feeling better soon! God what a bummer!  The most I've ever done is break toes. Tongue  Thankfully your neighbour was there to help and when you get better go and kick that nurse in the ER!  ((((((Hugs)))))

Lisabelle  
IP Logged

juri
Stardust

USA
Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 7:12am

Holy Moly! I think "bad day" is an understatement, BB.

I'm so sorry about what happened. If only things had stopped at standing in dog pee, or at least having to re-knit the scarf.  Undecided

I hope Monday is much better. Take it easy until your hubby returns.

(((hugs)))

1b MC ii/iii&&14.5/42/39 14.5/33.5&&"Bring me my pendulum, kiddies, I feel like swinging!" Vincent Price  &&

IP Logged

LJ
Ruby

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 11:19am

BB, you have all of my sympathy. It must have been so hard to have to deal with all that without your family. Be sure to post a lot about how you're feeling and we'll reach through cyberspace and time and remind you that we're here, ready to listen!

IP Logged

Trisha
Stardust

Missouri
Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:19pm

awwwww   Embarrassed 
Poor BB! 
it WILL get better, it WILL get better, it WILL get better...

pjsander  
IP Logged

Beesan16
Diamond

st. louis, MO
Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:25pm

EEEEEkkkkkkk, i'm so sorry BB, i wish i could come over and make you some soup   Undecided

Hope you feel better soon Smiley

*sending you best wishes FAST*

&&...&&&&
IP Logged

Anais Satin
Stardust

Tailbone in March 2006,
classic in March 2007

Bill Gates' backyard, WA
Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 2:27pm

Oh man Undecided That sounds horrible. You have my sympathies and good thoughts. (((HUG))))

Anais

IP Logged

Curlygirl22
Diamond

Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 3:01pm

BB, i hope your foot gets better soon! Thats sad about your day. I wish things get better for you. Tomarrow will be a better day. Just relax in bed, watch movies and eat chocolate. thats what i would do.

IP Logged

maggie
Diamond

Reply #9 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 5:48pm

Oh, Bikerbraid, whadja go and break yer leg fer? *protects face & ducks*
Kidding, kidding, kidding!  Wink

Man, oh man!  Just breaking your leg alone would make for the worst day, let alone throwing all those other commodities in with it!  You've deinitely got my pity!  Boy, you really should've slept in that day!  Broken bones are nooooo fun, I've been through two broken ankles (separately), no fun, no fun, no fun.

I wish I could be there to help you, but I'm sending healing wishes your way.  Relax, take pain killers, and heal up quick!

(((((((((BIG HUGS!)))))))))

&&&&

IP Logged

Sakina
Stardust

August 2O1O @ the Louvre

Arizona
Reply #10 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 5:51pm

Holy Crap!

Does that ever suck!  I'm very sorry to hear you're injured and in pain.  I hope that your recovery will be swift and painfree.

Sure wish there was something I could do.  I'd cook for 'ya and put on funny movies to make you better quick!  Laughter is the best medicine!!!

Take care and keep us up to date on your progress!

Sakina
Salon Board Moderator
Healthy hair is beautiful no matter what length it is.
IP Logged

bikerbraid
Shooting Star

Life is short, Break the
rules

Bike Paths of the Midwest
Reply #11 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 6:57pm

Update:
Good friends are very special.  Good neighbors are also very special.  When you have a neighbor that is a good friend you are exceptionally blessed.  I am lucky enough to have neighbors that are good friends and would do most anything to help out.

These neighbors are the ones that took me to the ER.  They came over a couple times last night to let the dog out.  They went to the airport to pick up my family. 

Today is better.  I did not go to work (I had no way to get there!).  I didn't sleep well last night - the ibruprofin started to upset my stomach.  So I had a 2 am snack of crackers and soup.  I'm napping today and trying to get the hang of the crutches.  I've decided I am a total clutz and have no upper body strength.  I have not figured out how to go up stairs with crutches other than on my butt.  (This could look real professional on the steps outside my work! Cheesy )  Fortunately I don't have to do many stairs.  I've discovered a few additional bumps and bruises from my fall - my right hip has a huge bruise on it and the palm of my right hand is very sore - making it harder to use the crutches. I've also got a screaming headache, but that could be just part of dealing with the pain without narcotics.

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and offers of help. It helps having you all here to "share in my pain".

bikerbraid
Global Salon Moderator
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.&&Life may not
WWW Bikerbraid  
IP Logged

Beesan16
Diamond

st. louis, MO
Reply #12 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 7:04pm

Quote:
I've been through two broken ankles (separately), no fun, no fun, no fun.

And neither is breaking your collar bone twice on the same spot, and the second time just happens to be the night you took off your "cast".... Tongue Grin

&&...&&&&
IP Logged

Anais Satin
Stardust

Tailbone in March 2006,
classic in March 2007

Bill Gates' backyard, WA
Reply #13 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 8:39pm

Hi BB, I got back from the ER too and I thought of you. Glad to hear you've got good friends and neighbors to take care of you.

Hugs and blessings
Anais

IP Logged

13bodies
Diamond

mostly here, sometimes not
Reply #14 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 8:50pm

(((((((((((((((((BB)))))))))))))))))

Bless your heart!  I'm so sorry your suck day ended in actual personal harm.   Cry

I'm sending hugs, best wishes, and virtual chocolate; Rumpole sends a purr, Gorey sends a chirrr-up, Agatha sends a mew, and Bogie sends a well-meaning scratch.

This wasn't just plain terrible, this was fancy terrible. This was terrible with raisins in it.----Dorothy Parker&&Life is pain...anyone who says differently is selling something--The Princess Bride

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print